Emotiva A-100 and RP-5000F combo

Robert9790

Hello everyone,
I've just recently started a HiFi set up (first time) and am looking for a good pair of speakers for my room (10x10), which will then translate to my living room.
My current amp is the emotiva A-100 and I am looking at the RP-5000f as my possible speaker of choice. My only concern is if the amp will be able to power the speakers adequately. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

That amp will power those speakers just fine, especially considering the size of your room. 

Here are the amp specs, so others here can chime in:

• Power Output (main outputs; two channels driven):
    50 watts / channel RMS; 8 Ohms; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; <0.05% THD.
    80 watts / channel RMS; continuous; into 4 ohms.

Those are RMS watts with both channels driven so with today’s inflated receiver specs, that’s probably closer to 100 - 125 watts.

That little amp will be right at home powering those speakers. 

• Moderators
On 1/19/2020 at 11:50 PM, Robert9790 said:

Hello everyone,

Welcome.

Those amps will do fine, I use 2 of them to run a bi amped 2 ch setup. I got them after having problems with different amps thinking it will be a cheap way to go until I run across something else at a good price. Still using them, I like the way they sound, clean and easily puts out the power they are rated at with no hiss or other problems you might expect at that price, there a really good deal and built very solid. When I say no hiss, I would know it, there connected to speakers that are rated over 110db with one watt with huge horns, you would hear any hiss and there is nothing, none even with my head inside the horn.

speakers.gif

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 2:36 PM, K5SS said:

That amp will power those speakers just fine, especially considering the size of your room. 

Here are the amp specs, so others here can chime in:

• Power Output (main outputs; two channels driven):
    50 watts / channel RMS; 8 Ohms; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; <0.05% THD.
    80 watts / channel RMS; continuous; into 4 ohms.

Those are RMS watts with both channels driven so with today’s inflated receiver specs, that’s probably closer to 100 - 125 watts.

That little amp will be right at home powering those speakers. 

Thank you SO much. Going to get these ordered! 
Still learning a lot about amp power and such.

-Robert

On 1/20/2020 at 12:50 AM, Robert9790 said:

Hello everyone,
I've just recently started a HiFi set up (first time) and am looking for a good pair of speakers for my room (10x10), which will then translate to my living room.
My current amp is the emotiva A-100 and I am looking at the RP-5000f as my possible speaker of choice. My only concern is if the amp will be able to power the speakers adequately. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

yes you're set