South West Audio Get together MASTER INFO LIST.

5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yeah, I knew that you had to have been joking, but I didn't know the backstory. I was hoping that you would bring some Carillon Bell music too

Really only have some sample sets which I downloaded for a project some years back. Love those things! However, if I remember I'll dig up my old LP "Sublime Harmony," British pressing of vintage music boxes. Mind blowing fidelity! Thad and Carl will love it... Maybe start a whole new tradition. 

Dave

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

Really only have some sample sets which I downloaded for a project some years back. Love those things! However, if I remember I'll dig up my old LP "Sublime Harmony," British pressing of vintage music boxes. Mind blowing fidelity! Thad and Carl will love it... Maybe start a whole new tradition. 

Dave

I am interested in those types of things. Mind blowing fidelity is what I want.

1 hour ago, Mallette said:

Dave

My musical palette has actually grown quite substantially since the Great Calliope Incident and I may just find myself genuinely enjoying it this time around..

47 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

My musical palette has actually grown quite substantially since the Great Calliope Incident and I may just find myself genuinely enjoying it this time around..

Mine grew after the S-MWM's and I find myself looking for helicopters, artillery, thunderstorms, double bass, organ music and yes the other day  carillon music. Looking for big deep bells. Trying to find worthwhile tympani and all I get is junk and some what interesting Japanese drums. I did find this amusing video though in one of my searches.

Fatboy Slim - Ya Mama [Official Video] - YouTube

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Video to go with it helps, IMHO.  It starts at ~ 2:30 and the non musical outburst is to help stabilize the pitch due to thermal dynamics (trying to warm them all).   As usual, a lot better live and in person. Catch a river boat passing through a larger city and you might get lucky.