New Project: Chop top LS with Double Stack ESS AMT-1

1 minute ago, No.4 said:

No it is not. However, if you can follow simple instructions you can be listening to music in minutes. I cannot speak for the other active crossovers, but I can say, the MiniDSP HD is user friendly.

If I were to ever go active, that's the one I'd get.

1 minute ago, No.4 said:

For $200 you can’t go wrong. I am thinking about getting another one to see if I can smooth out the response of my horn sub.

Well, it's $200 plus amps if you're converting passives to actives.  I may get a wild hair one day and try active but I'm liking what I'm hearing with what I have for now.

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Well, it's $200 plus amps if you're converting passives to actives.  I may get a wild hair one day and try active but I'm liking what I'm hearing with what I have for now.

Which is why I sold nearly everything in my system and started from the ground up. A more extreme measure, but easy to do within my "one system" mantra.. and I so I also made space savings in the rack and homogeneous amps a criteria. 3x 2U pro amps were going to be a tight fit with everything else I had, but I was close to pulling the trigger on a trio of Yamaha P series amps to go along with my yamaha DSP from the same era. Then I came across the lab.gruppens and decided to gamble on Class D with some more modern features. So far, no regrets.