New Project: Chop top LS with Double Stack ESS AMT-1

25 minutes ago, rockhound said:

@Thaddeus Smith man those are coming together nicely. Rudy is doing some fine work on those wings!

I'm getting better at it.  I've made about 12 including prototypes etc.  These are not perfect, but my best work yet. I still need to learn some better techniques with hand guided tools like the bandsaw.  My Sawstop table saw with the Incra precision fence system make it seem like I'm a better carpenter than I really am. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

The back of the mouths are giving me fits with regard to paint.

You mean on the bass bins? I always thought (always a dangerous thing...) that if I were to have a nice veneer and finish that I would have the mouths done by someone who could do like a sunburst finish, where they would go from the lighter/regular color at the front and transition to black at the back.

Those three inch side paths aren't very easy to get your hands in, unless you are about eight years old...

Knocked everything down with 400 grit and will add a second coat of paint this next week sometime. Mounted feet to the bottom panels.

Waveguides are done and I'll pick those up in a couple weeks. When mine and Rudy's schedules align.

All great ideas for painting those hard to reach areas. I'm going to leave them alone and just work on some grills in the coming months.

One more shot of senor Rudy's handiwork.

F30B6291-0255-42B0-BF40-2653FEEE4D26.thumb.jpeg.c44e1ba95f428228afbbb3829567a1e6.jpeg

• Like 1

Added a second coat of paint last night. They're not perfect, but perfectly adequate for my system - spraying likely would have yielded better results, but I lack the tools. Rudy offered, but my own impatience got the better of me and I was already asking for his help in a big way on the HF wings. And they are indeed heavy, so all of the loading and unloading into the back of my truck + hour travel time each way - mistakes were bound to happen.

On 2/23/2020 at 5:30 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

I'm thinking something like this guy's idea for grills.

Yeah, I like how he did those grills on there, too.  Once I finally get around to finishing up the grills on my Belle clones, they may, or may not, be that factory look.  I might end up doing some other type of one piece grill....but, I didn't veneer the dog house so that idea might be out.  I may have enough veneer that I could do that, though. 

Your progress is looking good so far!