Pulled

joessportster

To my Forum Friends:  Heres the story I bought these with intentions of using them on Bass for an "ALL" tube system. The story I got was these were upgraded by Curcio Audio 6 years ago 

for the full monty of upgrades offered by Curcio. ( https://www.curcioaudio.com/ ) they were then sat on a shelf and not used because the owners speakers changed in the interim.

What I found. The amps had indeed gone into Curcio and he did perform "SOME" upgrades.  Curcio offers upgrades for DIY as well  and other upgrades were performed using Curcio kits though I am dubious as to whom "ACTUALLY" Performed those remaining upgrades.  I am technically challenged and have no idea whats what when someone asks me to give them a CAP used in Pos. X.  I have spoke with Joe Curcio 3 times via Email in an attempt to Bias the amps but as I cannot answer his ? about what value Cap was used where He cannot instruct me on how to bias the amps

I have connected a shorting Plug and did power the amps up they come up straight away with no apparent noises etc... I left them on for approx 3 minutes. I shut them down and have not done anything else.  I have the boxes and packing as well as Cages, The cages will need a slight trim to fit nice and smoothly.  The cages are in decent shape a few scuffs very presentable. The amp chassis are Decent as well and could use a good polish. They are presentable as is but I would want to polish them.  

The Tubes are 4 X Amperex red label 7308, Power tubes on amp 1 are 2 sovtec  6550 WD,  Amp 2 has older metal base Power tubes they wrote on a box 6550 but I can not guarantee what they are or a brand as there is no label left on the tubes. 

I paid considerably more for these but I will take that up with the seller. 

If your handy, Tech Savy etc... heres a chance to get a pair of amps that may or may not need further work. I could be they operate fine you just need to know how to Bias them.

500.00 plus actual shipping

18 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

So what all do they need to be up and working ? Or do they work as is?

Sorry if I did not see it in your post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated they were upgraded with Curcio Mods some performed by Curcio and Some by ? I do not know how to BIAS them because I am not tech. knowledgeable. Joe Curcio will walk you or anyone through the BIAS procedure if you can answer questions like  quoted below sent to me by Joe Curcio.

"What is the value of the power resistor connected to the cathodes of the output tubes? Are there individual resistors connected to each output tube or one shared resistor?"

The amps will power on and I suspect run as long as you can BIAS them.  I asked Joe Curcio about the fact they sat for 6 years he stated it was of little concern, just make sure BIAS was good

Hope thats clearer.   Joe

• Like 1