Loop to the Song

thebes

Everyone who has ever played vinyl has had a record get stuck in a groove, caught up on a bit of dirt, grease,weed, spilled wine (oh that's where that came from!), dried booger, a bit of rubber from last night's bacchanal.  I could go on and on and get grosser and grosser. It repeats over and over and over and over.

I call it it a "loop" and I'm sure most of you do too. However, Van Morrison, being a genius of sorts, has another take on it.

He calls it a "Broken Record":  I could get stuck in his groove all night long:

• Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, SWL said:

What's vinyl? Sheee it.....I don't even know what a cd player is (anymore).emoji39.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was like giant CD's but the difference was they could wear out. But they did come with a extra effects of an ocasional pop or click just for aesthetics, but they could add this to  CD's for old times if the wanted. :emotion-14:

• Haha 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

One in EVERY crowd!  :)   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  

At least one....... here  🙋‍♂️

But I have to admit hundreds of years ago when I did LP's there was no better sound, the only thing close to that was a recording from a record to a RTR. I had all my records on RTR because I got tired of replacing worn out records. 

They still have a really good sound but i promised my wife a very long time ago I am not going back, plus it awfully convenient to have 10 warehouses of music in something that I can carry and it's under 10 pounds. I will give up a little quality for convenience and almost unlimited choices.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Now, now Dtel, what would the Neville Brothers say about that attitude?  Tellya what. Don't tell Christy, fFnd a tt and I'll send you a few platters to get you started on listening to real music again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

She has been very good about all this stuff, I don't want to ruin it now.  

Now if I were like you and had the twins I might have a different attitude, had not heard much about them in a good while. If you only knew the pictures you were putting in everyone's head, imagination is always better than reality with things like that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

It was like giant CD's but the difference was they could wear out.

You mean do wear with each and every playing.

Saw a Van Morrison "concert" show on AXS TV the other day and although I've enjoyed his "product" over the years, not so much the later stuff, and I switched channels before ingesting much of it...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dtel said:

No vinyl anymore but do love Van Morrison.

I bought this vinyl record when I was 19, in the late 1980s. Together with Van's "No guru, no method, no teacher" - , which I like even more. I still listen to them, but they are scratchy, so I mostly listen to them in streaming.

At the time, I was a 'noob' and I mistakenly thought I 'd bought two 'Jim Morrison' records... 🙄 Have been a Van the Man fan ever since!

My favourite song is 'In the garden'.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dtel said:

the twins, had not heard much about them in a good while

Well I stopped writing about them because too many people were jealous. As well they should be. 😊

Let's see if I can dig up an old story or two and introduce those babealicous scamps to a newer crowd.