RP-600ms sound muffled?

randyps66

After almost endless accolades and praise, I get them connected to my Denon high-current amp, running hi-res lossless files from my computer and they sound like someone threw a blanket over the tweeters!  What the hey?  Is that the way they sound until used awhile and if that's the reason for how long?  When will i hear the Klipsch tweeters/midrange I purchased them for?

They should sound good right out of the box and even a little better with time.

We will need some information from you to really have a chance at figuring out what the issue is.

What Denon receiver? What settings are you using on the Denon receiver? How big is the room and how far away are you sitting? 

Klipsch is known for many different sound characteristics but muffled isn’t one of them. 

As I stated in the other thread, they should not be muffled.  They should actually have more highs now then after break in.

If it is both speakers, I would examine your setup or if you are using an eq, did you use it before and what were your prior speakers?  As with the 160m, the 600m should not be recessed except for the small dip in the upper midrange which you would typically not notice, particularly not sounding muffled unless there is something else wrong.

Do you have the straps between the woofer and the tweeter and are the tweeters working?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:06 PM, randyps66 said:

After almost endless accolades and praise, I get them connected to my Denon high-current amp, running hi-res lossless files from my computer and they sound like someone threw a blanket over the tweeters!  What the hey?  Is that the way they sound until used awhile and if that's the reason for how long?  When will i hear the Klipsch tweeters/midrange I purchased them for?

@randyps66 So......? 

On 1/21/2020 at 4:06 AM, randyps66 said:

I had that once wtih my RP-600M, but that was not due to the speaker or something. I have them on bi-amp true my Onkyo AVR, but the bi-amp function was shut down on my Onkyo in the settings. Don't know why that happened, but when I corrected that, the muffled sound was gone again.

So either there is an issue with the metal jumpers, or you are bi amped, but not correctly, at least that is what I think.