WTB - Palladium p37 p38 or p39

ForKyleigh

Most likely choice is the p37 based on price.  Yes i know there are p37 in Texas but no shipping.  Yes i know there are p38 on ebay.  The $50 shipping is pretty scary as were his limited response.  Yes I know there are p39s in Chicago but I dont know that I want to go quite that high in price.  I would have interet in a matching center and/or subwoofer.  I am willing to drive a fair amount.  I am in Wisconsin.

Thanks!

20 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Well, there seems to be more available now than at any time recently, and you are not interested in any of them.  Uphill climb. 

Never said i wasnt interested.  I would make a  offer on the 38s if the guy would reply to a few questions and answer each one of them.  The 37s are likely over a 20 hour drive.  Not many would travel that far.

Its a tough one.  They are now rare and pickings are slim. I almost sold a set and I am glad that I kept them, even for surrounds. 

Usually there are none available.

I have considered the P39s, but then I'd have an extra set of speakers where I would need to find a spot and I will not sell any of them, so I had to ask myself,  am I excited about buying the P39s, and the answer was no, so I am passing. 

The set of p38 on Ebay for $5000 isnt bad.  But look at the second and third photo!  In the sencond, both speakers look flat on the top.  In the third photo one speaker looks shorter than the other and it looks flat.  Especially after his short responses, it seems fishy!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Palladium-P-38f-Bi-wire-Tower-Speaker/264443860136?hash=item3d921514a8:g:NKUAAOSwgkJdZHGS

On 1/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, ForKyleigh said:

The set of p38 on Ebay for $5000 isnt bad.  But look at the second and third photo!  In the sencond, both speakers look flat on the top.  In the third photo one speaker looks shorter than the other and it looks flat.  Especially after his short responses, it seems fishy!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Palladium-P-38f-Bi-wire-Tower-Speaker/264443860136?hash=item3d921514a8:g:NKUAAOSwgkJdZHGS

I think what you are seeing in his pictures are just distortions caused by a wide angle lens.  Many cell phone cameras cause this if you are too close to the subject.  It would be very difficult to change the shape of one of those speakers without destroying it.

Edited by MMurg
typo
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I think the P39s in Chicago is a pretty good deal, and they look mint. They are close to Wisconsin OP.

Yea, if I was in the market for Palladium floor standers, I'd but them.  Merlot is so pretty. 

I stumbled on a pair of local one owner mint condition JBL L250TIs for my music room.  I wanted those for 37 years.  If not, I'd get the P39s.  Just nowhere to put them.   I will probably regret passing on these at some point in the future. 

3 hours ago, MMurg said:

Get the 39s.  I was so glad I did a few month ago.  The jump is amazing.  Now I have the extra pair of 37s in my office but that's not a bad thing.  🙂 

Don't sell those 37s.  I almost sold mine but kept them for surrounds, I am glad that I did. 

Nice office speakers you have there.  Not overkill, I use B&W N805s on my desk and Signature 805s in my dining room.  😁

• Like 1

• 1 year later...