Center Speaker Distortion

Ahmed

Hi,

I have done the setup for the Home Theater Pack and the sound is great for all the speakers except for the center speaker. I can hear clear sound distortion. especially for the vocal sounds. I have tried to change the wires and replug them but did not work.I have tried also to position the center speaker in another channel to check if it is from the receiver or the wire but also the noise is there from the same speaker.

There is a clear distortion and noise in the center speaker.

I have raised a support request but I did not get an answer since two days. 

Is this can happen from the center speaker due to a manufacturing fault or I can do something?

Speakers is:

Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System

Reciver:

Denon X1600

Thank you 

I purchased the same exact package at Costco and returned them because I didn’t like the sound. Subsequently I found out that passive speakers require a break in period. I have seen anywhere from 20 to 100 hours. 

Customer service via email is running 14 days so better to call.  Have you tried placing the center at RF or LF?  That might tell you if the speaker is bad. Accordingly, try the left front in the center and see if the sound is better. If not, it could be a receiver issue. 

Good Luck

• 11 months later...

The same thing happened to me with my center channel speaker. I bought the 5.1 reference theater pack from Costco and the center channel speaker keeps cutting out audio in and out, sounds like a crackling sound. I tried using 16 gauge speaker wire but nothing happened, it still keeps doing the same crackling sound. The rest of the speakers sound excellent with no issues. I think the issue is those cheap spring driven connections on the back of the speaker. Its probably not making proper contact with the wire which causes the crackling sound.

• 3 months later...

I just purchased the Klipsch Reference series home theater pack from Costco too and the center speaker CLEARLY has distortion.  I also have a klipsch Synergy series center speaker and when I hook it up, NO distortion. This must be an issue with that speaker. 

Edited by Rhel
Add where I purchased

• 2 weeks later...