Klipsch Forte II, been Ripped OFF ??????

mckenzie

hi, new to the forum and a new owner of a pair of Klipsch forte II ,received with one of the tweeter horns broken ,magnet laying in bottom of the cabinet, so I peeked inside peeked inside the cabinet, the bass drivers are marked  made by Fender is that correct ? one cabinet was stuffed with a wool like material the other was not ? what would the horns cost to repair ? thanks in advance 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mckenzie said:

hi, new to the forum and a new owner of a pair of Klipsch forte II ,received with one of the tweeter horns broken ,magnet laying in bottom of the cabinet, so I peeked inside peeked inside the cabinet, the bass drivers are marked  made by Fender is that correct ? one cabinet was stuffed with a wool like material the other was not ? what would the horns cost to repair ? thanks in advance 

Sounds like you were not sold original parts. The Forte II woofers should say Klipsch K-25-K and the rear passive would be marked Klipsch KD-15. Here is a link to the Klipsch Forte II specs. 

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/forte-II-brochure.pdf

For the tweeter horn, search ebay for the Forte II /  K-75-K. The K-79-K, the K-76-K and the K-84-K are all the same "plastic horn" piece as the K-75 with different driver motors. Buy any of those and bolt it on to your K-75-K driver, exact fit.

I would go after whoever you bought the forte II's from as a scammer worthy of a discount if they were sold as original. Keep the speakers, you can restore them back to OEM. The wool material is also not OEM. It is supposed to be grey foam rubber pieces.

12 hours ago, mckenzie said:

You are not an owner of new Forte IIs, just boxes and a couple of parts.  Sad though if the person you purchased them was unknowing and they made sound for a while, they might not of had a clue or they were scamming someone and you bit. 😞

5 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

thanks again to all.

Reverb website finally agreed to send me a return shipping label , I had to fight for it , so if you buy from Reverb research your seller etc

Sorry that happened to you. Reverb is legit. Forte IIs in good shape are hard to find and fetch a premium. Where are you located?   Perhaps you should post a WTB ad here in the "garage sale" section.  If you can fit em, look for Chorus I or II also.  They usually aren't far off in price and are a step up from the Forte line.   Good luck on the hunt and welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...