I'll never smoke weed with Willie again!

mr clean

The key ‘take away’ here is that if your breathing becomes impaired you will absolutely be overcome with anxiety and regret. But at 86 Willie’s dear olde lungs have done well given the abuse he’s put them through. On the other side of that imagine how freaked these young vapor victims are when they learn that they’ve destroyed their lungs very early in life.

Remember that your lungs evolved strictly for breathing and do not like being used for anything else. Your gut is for the intake of ‘stuff’. Cherish your lungs and eat for your pleasures. There’s no good reason to take chances with your breathing and you will truly hate yourself if you screw up your lungs. Just ask Willie.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2020 at 2:00 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:

The key ‘take away’ here is that if your breathing becomes impaired you will absolutely be overcome with anxiety and regret. But at 86 Willie’s dear olde lungs have done well given the abuse he’s put them through. On the other side of that imagine how freaked these young vapor victims are when they learn that they’ve destroyed their lungs very early in life.

Remember that your lungs evolved strictly for breathing and do not like being used for anything else. Your gut is for the intake of ‘stuff’. Cherish your lungs and eat for your pleasures. There’s no good reason to take chances with your breathing and you will truly hate yourself if you screw up your lungs. Just ask Willie.

From an evolutionary point ...

I think our lung are more equipped to handle smoke over E-cig or CBD/THC juice. Smoke meant fire/heat....Not necessarily puffing on a cig/joint

Don't get me wrong. Smoking is not good for you.

I use a vaporizer... not e-cig. No juice. It heats dried plant matter to very near point of igniting. The plant matter does not burn. I object to folks calling use of e-cigs as vaping.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:07 PM, oldtimer said:

I find it interesting that clean said "again."  Do tell us of when you smoked with willie, that has to be a good story.

It would be a great story. The women, the sex, the booze, the drugs, the cars, the lies! Mostly the lies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, grasshopper said:

From an evolutionary point ...

I think our lung are more equipped to handle smoke over E-cig or CBD/THC juice. Smoke meant fire/heat.

It’s interesting to note that the 450,000 annual American deaths from ‘smoking’ tobacco are far more related to cardiovascular pathologies than from actual lung diseases. For whatever it is that you’re addicted to I’d recommend that you work to shift its route of administration away from the lungs. That is truly the safest and wisest choice. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 1:00 PM, Bosco-d-gama said:

The key ‘take away’ here is that if your breathing becomes impaired you will absolutely be overcome with anxiety and regret.

Eventually. I permanently damaged my lungs years ago and now need pills and inhaler to get by. But, when I first became short of breath, I thought if I got high enough that I'd forget that I was short of breath -- SPOILER ALERT:  That didn't work. 

That was the onset of my OCD too. Not being able to breath easily, feeling like the next breath may be your last is so hard to describe. I laid in an emergency room bed for eight hours in Long Beach, CA once upon a time. This guy across the room from me, whined all day about how hard it was to breath. He got discharged about 10 minutes before I did. When I left the hospital, he was sitting on a bench out front smoking a cigarette. I was actually a bit pissed off and wanted to tell him that I spent the past eight hours listening to him cry like a baby and here he is smoking immediately after he walks out of the hospital. 

I haven't smoked in decades. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

When I left the hospital, he was sitting on a bench out front smoking a cigarette. I was actually a bit pissed off and wanted to tell him that I spent the past eight hours listening to him cry like a baby and here he is smoking immediately after he walks out of the hospital. 

I haven't smoked in decades. 

He is weak and cannot control it. I quit smoking cigars and cigarettes cold turkey Feb 2007 after some 35 years. One of the best things I have ever done in my life. Just yesterday I visited a lounge where a neighbor works in Mandeville on the scenic shore of Lake Ponchartrain. The doors were wide open as it was a pleasant day. Half of the people in there were smoking. It irritated the hell out of me and I doubt I shall return. I was surprised you can smoke in a lounge in LA today, its banned in restaurants state wide. Bars and lounges depend on local laws least in LA. 

• Like 4

Addiction is a complex condition. It’s often both physical and psychological. Addiction stains a persons logic so that it will rationalize conduct that sustains the addictive habit. And nicotine addiction is among the toughest addictions known and I, for one, am dumbfounded that humanity still traffics OTC nicotine products.  There are no redeeming components to any nicotine product. They exist to addict their patrons simply so that others can profit from the miseries of others - period. I cannot think of anything more insane.

Breathing is a complex subject as well. Work is the purpose of living, physical labor and mental labor. We eat to fuel this work energy and we breathe to provide the oxygen catalyst to burn the fuel and to remove volatile waste metabolites - both critically necessary for doing a little, or a lot of work. And that’s the beauty of respiration. A body can go from a resting state to extreme exertion - at will, within seconds. The human body is as much a symphony as any well written music. We’ve enjoyed the exhilaration of youthful health and now our bodies must deal with a lifetime’s worth of aging and lifestyle consequences. 

So deploy your bodies wisely, the ways we know that are at least safe/sane/etc. Cherish your lungs. That’s a decision you will not ever regret. If you have not taken the best care of your lungs start right now. They can heal to some degree. 

• Like 3

The first half of a guys life, a lot of times is spent trying to tear our bodies down. If your lucky you realize this, and try to get a little smarter, and changing your way of living for the better. Im really doing great on what I am eating, and it is making me feel so much better! I never smoked cigs, but used to smoke pot quite a lot. I had been going to the same doctor for some time, and told him I wanted to get off the low dose blood pressure med, I am taking. I think he was half joking but he ask me if I was a hippie for for not wanting to take a pill every day. Im now going to a new doctor, and told her I have two goals. Getting off the BP pill and getting my weight down to below what is considered obese. First of the year my weight was 244 at the doctor. Im down 14 pounds already! Really watching my salt and sugar. Im 6 ft and if I can get down to 200 or so pounds I will be happy. I have always loved food and it is my worst addiction. I would never thought I would have cared about my health when I was younger.  I can feel my aches and pains going away, and i am thinking more clearly also. I do cheat a little one day a week to keep me honest the rest of the time. I was sitting at the market waiting for the wife last night, and saw this young guy getting shopping carts. He was way to heavy for being that young and sucking on a vape. I could see his future very easily. But sometimes its harder to see your own. BigStewMan I use powered coconut milk in my coffee now. Its suppose to regulate breathing. I mix it with a little organic whole milk and it tastes great! Very healthy.      

• Like 3