I'll never smoke weed with Willie again!

mr clean

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

The first half of a guys life, a lot of times is spent trying to tear our bodies down. If your lucky you realize this, and try to get a little smarter, and changing your way of living for the better. Im really doing great on what I am eating, and it is making me feel so much better! I never smoked cigs, but used to smoke pot quite a lot. I had been going to the same doctor for some time, and told him I wanted to get off the low dose blood pressure med, I am taking. I think he was half joking but he ask me if I was a hippie for for not wanting to take a pill every day. Im now going to a new doctor, and told her I have two goals. Getting off the BP pill and getting my weight down to below what is considered obese. First of the year my weight was 244 at the doctor. Im down 14 pounds already! Really watching my salt and sugar. Im 6 ft and if I can get down to 200 or so pounds I will be happy. I have always loved food and it is my worst addiction. I would never thought I would have cared about my health when I was younger.  I can feel my aches and pains going away, and i am thinking more clearly also. I do cheat a little one day a week to keep me honest the rest of the time. I was sitting at the market waiting for the wife last night, and saw this young guy getting shopping carts. He was way to heavy for being that young and sucking on a vape. I could see his future very easily. But sometimes its harder to see your own. BigStewMan I use powered coconut milk in my coffee now. Its suppose to regulate breathing. I mix it with a little organic whole milk and it tastes great! Very healthy.      

Congrats on the 14 lbs lost. I'm in the same boat, 6' and fatter than I ever have been. 269 on the scale this morning. I understand the equation "move more eat less" but its hard to implement, least for me. I like food and we have so much good food down here. While i was in the bar ( a very rare occasion for me) yesterday at the lakefront, a guy who has been making hoghead cheese for 40 years was there so we had a brunch of hoghead, crackers, pickled veggies (peppers, onions, squash, cucumbers) and beer. It was very tasty.

I have to make adjustments. Pushing that non-propelled mower around come March/April is waiting for me. More exercise and eat healthier; eat to live and not the other way around.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Congrats on the 14 lbs lost. I'm in the same boat, 6' and fatter than I ever have been. 269 on the scale this morning. I understand the equation "move more eat less" but its hard to implement, least for me. I like food and we have so much good food down here. While i was in the bar ( a very rare occasion for me) yesterday at the lakefront, a guy who has been making hoghead cheese for 40 years was there so we had a brunch of hoghead, crackers, pickled veggies (peppers, onions, squash, cucumbers) and beer. It was very tasty.

I have to make adjustments. Pushing that non-propelled mower around come March/April is waiting for me. More exercise and eat healthier; eat to live and not the other way around.

I would have never guessed that you were heavy by looking at your avatar.  You seem fit.

• Haha 2

I was in Las Vegas in 1988 attending a technical conference. The magazine I was writing for had sent a lady there as a representative for the conference. I met her and her husband and we hit it off very well. Turns out he was in the record business, in town as a sponsor for Willie Nelson, so all 3 of us had free tickets to sit in the VIP booth at Willie's concert at one of the LV venues (I forgot which one). Willie bought us a bottle of champagne and came over to say hello after his show. He was with us for only about a minute or so, but I did notice how many FRECKLES he had on his face and arm when I shook his hand (he was only 54 at the time), but that's not the best thing I remember about the experience.

When he was on stage, he sang the hit song, "To All the Girls I've Loved Before" as the only voice, even though the original recording was a duet with Julio Iglecias. In the studio recording, Willie's voice was pretty "straight up" while Julio's was pretty darn heavy on the REVERB, which, any Audiophile worthy of the name,  would have clearly noticed.

So when Willie sang Julio's part, live on stage, he turned "Trigger" (his acoustic guitar) backwards and sang into the Hole to get as much acoustic reverb effect as possible. I laughed my butt off at that casual maneuver on the part of Willie Nelson, but apparently I was the only one in the crowd that got the joke. Funny stuff!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 years later...

It's awesome that you're making changes for your health. Moving more and eating less can be tough, but it sounds like you're on the right track.
I hear you on the good food down there. It can be tempting, but it's all about moderation, right? Keep pushing that mower and making those adjustments – you got this! And hey, if you ever need a buddy to talk food struggles with, I'm here!
By the way, if you're interested, you might want to check out the requirements for medical cannabis in your area. It's a growing industry with potential opportunities for those looking to make a career change.

Edited by Matt6VZ

Whether Willie smokes it anymore or not, legal states actually sell "Willie's Weed", a sativa strain called "Red Headed Stranger", the Illinois version grown by a firm that grows all of theirs organically, as well as being offered in forms that do not require "smoking".

So there's something to be said for progress.