Audio is a journey - here is mine

Wardsweb

1 hour ago, mr clean said:

Very nice! Tell us about the gear, if you would.

Now you're making me think and remember. Not as easy as it used to be. Left to Right, Top to Bottom

2002 - Carver TFM-35 driving Martin Logan CLS, I think the TV was 20"
2003 - Carver TFM-35/A500x/A750x amps Martin Logan CLS with McCauley 6174 subs, TV 27" Sony CRT (heavy)
2004 - Carver A500x and A750x amps Martin Logan CLS and JBL C38, BAssMaxx B1 horn subs, Sony 27"
2005 - Shanling SP-80 monoblock tube amps, Martin Logan CLS, TV Panasonic 36"

2006 - Carver Silvet 7t amps Martin Logan CLS, TV 42" plasma
2007 - SST Ampzilla 2000 amps Martin Logan CLS, 2 Carver subs, TV Samsung 55"
2009 - SST Ampzilla 2000 amps Martin Logan Prodigy, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 55"
2010 - SST Ampzilla 2000 amps Klipsch Jubilee, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 55"
2011 - SST Ampzilla 2000 amps Klipsch Jubilee, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 55"
2012 - SST Ampzilla 2000 / LM3875 amps Klipsch Jubilee, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 55"
2013 - SST Ampzilla 2000 / DIY LM3886 amps Klipsch Jubilee, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 55"
2014 - SST Ampzilla 2000 / ASL Wave 8 amps Klipsch Jubilee, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 65"
2020 - Behringer NU6000 / DIY EL34 amps Klipsch Jubilee, Danley DTS-10 sub, TV Samsung 75"

• Like 1

Nice....curious what/when was before this, the first good set maybe ? Also do you miss any set or location of system ? Last, for now....Size of room, just guessing, 16 or so X 20 something ? The reason I ask is I've had and heard some same systems in different rooms and houses. The difference is quite amazing. 

5 minutes ago, Fish said:

Nice....curious what/when was before this, the first good set maybe ? Also do you miss any set or location of system ? Last, for now....Size of room, just guessing, 16 or so X 20 something ? The reason I ask is I've had and heard some same systems in different rooms and houses. The difference is quite amazing. 

My latest is the best, as it is 20 years in the making of swapping pieces and looking for the right synergy. Each system had its merits and faults. I remember each one and loved going down memory lane looking at each. I will always have a soft spot for Martin Logan electrostats. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 hours ago, mr clean said:

Very nice! Tell us about the gear, if you would.

Luther has gone through all the gears, he is now in overdrive.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

A bit of a TV journey as well.

Plus a screen the drops from the ceiling, if he still has it.

Glad you have pictures of it all, VERY nice and it also looks great, as always.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Luther has gone through all the gears, he is now in overdrive.

Plus a screen the drops from the ceiling, if he still has it.

Glad you have pictures of it all, VERY nice and it also looks great, as always..

Yes the 110" screen and Panasonic projector are still in operation for movies.

• Like 1

I would love to see the same history for your vinyl rig / 2-channel as well. I know you have/had the Clear Audio. I followed along closely on the build of the DIY speakers with JBL drivers.You have great taste in equipment and execution!

Jeremy

6 minutes ago, capo72 said:

I would love to see the same history for your vinyl rig / 2-channel as well. I know you have/had the Clear Audio. I followed along closely on the build of the DIY speakers with JBL drivers.You have great taste in equipment and execution!

Jeremy

My 2-channel hasn't had as many yearly changes.

2chnljourney.jpg

• Like 2

2- Channel Journey

2003 - DIY pre, DIY 2A3 stereo amp, Shanling CD-T100 CDP, Custom Altec A7 VOTT speakers.
2007 - Odyssey Tempest pre, Shanling SP-80 EL34 amps, Shanling CD-T100 CDP, Clearaudio Champion II, DIY speakers
2009 - McIntosh C36 pre, Shanling SP-80 EL34 amps, Shanling CD-T100 CDP, Clearaudio Champion II, DIY speakers
2010 - McIntosh C36 pre, Shanling SP-80 EL34 amps, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Juicy Music Tercel Phono, Clearaudio Champion II, DIY speakers
2013 - McIntosh C36 pre, Shanling SP-80 EL34 amps, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Musical Fidelity M1 Phono, Clearaudio Champion II, DIY speakers
2018 - Sonic Euphoria pre, ASL AQ1006 DT 845 amps, Shanling CD-T1500 SACD, Lounge phono pre, Auralic Aries mini, Tascam BR-20, Clearaudio Champion II, Maplenoll TT, DIY speakers, 2 Gallo subs
2020 - DIY 6H30 pre, ASL AQ1006 DT 845 amps, Auralic Altair Dac/Server, Clearaudio Champion II, DIY speakers, 2 Gallo subs

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wardsweb said:

The SST Ampzilla 2000 amps and the Shanling CD-T1500 have moved into another system with Quad 2905 speakers.

Those Ampzilla 2000 monoblock amps are something to behold. The design, workmanship, and the output. I had never heard of them before you mentioned above in the evolution of your systems. Very special indeed.

https://www.sst.audio/new-products/ampzilla-2000-second-edition-single