You know what they say about train wrecks

sunburnwilly

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

He mentioned forced induction.

@Schu

Yes, I misunderstood his statement. I interpreted it as 1000 hp from a NA 2 liter engine. I have never heard or read of those power levels from a 122 ci NA engine. But maybe I missed it. 

My bad.

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

I had a Z1 , that was tops 85 HP - I doubled the caliper and discs upfront  -maybe 90 with a Kerker or aftermarket  , I replaced the carbs and that was 100HP  ,maximum 105 -

the really crazy bike was the 750 H2   - 2 stroke that was manufactured earlier than the Z1  , we bored one of these to a bit over 900CC   in the Engineering dept machine shop   ,we  balanced  the entire engine with the emphasis on the middle cylinder that had  a tendency to overheat  and seize,   throwing off the rider like a catapult  , it was running better than the factory ever did with many less problems and the carburators were all modified , but the stock mufflers remained  -the bike ran on a high test -mix oil

there was only 1 problem , it accelerated so fast   , that you had to ride it , very firmly  as it could literally leave you behind ,  the acceleration torque would rip your hands off of the steering bars and you body would come off ,  of the seat and pegs  , this was not a bike for a novice -

Oh yes the H2. Never owned one, either the 500 or 750 2 strokes. I'm sure many a H2 went over backwards, tail light dragging :)

You are spot on an the Z1 output, just googled it = 81 hp stock. My memory is bad and exaggerated concerning the 1973 Z1. Also owned a 1976 Kaw 1000 LTD @ one point. I sure wish I still had that '73 Z1 just as a memento of an era. Mine was green and blue tank.

I loved 2 strokes. Has a Yamaha Banshee 350cc 2 cylinder 4 wheeler, modified it. High compression heads, expansion chambers, better carb, fueled it with av gas from the local airport. Shorter flat track tires on the rear on alum wheels. Loved that thing in the spillway on dirt! Ex wife took it in our divorce/property settlement...rather I talked her into it as my right knee was needing surgery again anyways.

4 hours ago, polizzio said:

Can you imagine a 16 or 17 yo male teenager with a 760 HP Mustang mommy or daddy purchased them for their BD or Christmas?

Imagine the closed casket funeral because the said teenager turned into mush, from the large tree that wadded the Mustang into a ball

• Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 8:07 AM, CECAA850 said:

Idiots

I was always into audio, my brother got me into cars at age 14.  I wasted the next 16 years playing with old muscle cars.   Spend a fortune, nonstop problems and aggravation trying to get everything to work, then, when it was done, you had a car that got 4 mpg, no ac and overheated when it was too hot out (this was 20 years ago).  And to make it worse, what could you do with all that power?  You can't use it on the street without being an idiot like in the videos.

I have a X box with a race car game where you can set it to see through the windshield and drive the course.  This is way more fun that cars ever were.  I can be completely inebriated, and drive as crazy as I want in this game, and it is so much fun, way more than I ever had with the Camaros and Corvettes. 

When I want to work with my hands I have home improvement and audio projects. 

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

Actually the 310 HP bike is the H2R   -  it is a track only bike , and it costs over 50k$ , in some States , you could put it  on the road with modifications to the tires -lights and turn signals   - but that bike has no warranty and strict servicing requirements by Kawasaki that you must agree to before buying the bike   ( in a contract )-

- the H2 is street legal  , a bit over 200 hp -  and prices are much lower than 29k$  - 29k$ is the option with carbon fiber fairings , the regular non carbon fibre  Fairing bikes are not that expensive

Ah; now that you mention it, that's correct. There are two versions, and the streetable version is "tamed" to somewhat over 200 hp.

Any of y'all ever ride a Yamaha Fazer in the 90s? That throttle was sensitive.... you hit a hole, your hand moves and you're doing a wheelie at 45 mph in a split second!

Ended up getting the `84 V65-Magna, handled nice and toured well too. Wheelies... yea when you wanted them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

there you go mine was identical as the picture  , the problem were bad brakes , I doubled the discs in the front , since the rear drum was really bad

image.png

One of my brothers had one of these he bought new.  I remember he had a Kerker header that he normally ran open.  Carbs were reworked and rejetted.  Heads were taken off, bench flowed and cc'd.  There wasn't much faster on the street at that time.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

One of my brothers had one of these he bought new.  I remember he had a Kerker header that he normally ran open.  Carbs were reworked and rejetted.  Heads were taken off, bench flowed and cc'd.  There wasn't much faster on the street at that time.

It was the King of street motorcycles in 1972 and for years to come. Mine had a Kerker header on it that I ran mostly without the baffle in. Now at my present age I think just how obnoxious that was for most everyone else. Young and dumb........how i survived is beyond me. Pretty amazing how maturity and time changes one's perception of many things, thoughts, and ideals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, polizzio said:

It was the King of street motorcycles in 1972 and for years to come. Mine had a Kerker header on it that I ran mostly without the baffle in. Now at my present age I think just how obnoxious that was for most everyone else. Young and dumb........how i survived is beyond me. Pretty amazing how maturity and time changes one's perception of many things, thoughts, and ideals.

Life's twists and turns work out for some and not for others.  How many times I think I might have died or worse.  There but for the wheel of chance go many of us, so be not quick to judge is the lesson I try to take.  Unless of course they are a complete A-hole....

• Thanks 1