You know what they say about train wrecks

sunburnwilly

16 minutes ago, Randyh said:

yeah a CB 750 killer ------honda had all the market in those days -----------then Kawasaki came out  and never looked back  ------their 2 strokes were no longer emissions friendly  and their days were numbered -, plus they were making a lot of widows  -

2 of my other brothers had 3 cyl 2 stroke Kawasakis.  One was a 500 and I think the other was a 350.  When the power band hit you had to hang on and lean forward to try and keep the front end down.

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

4 Cylinder ala Ducati ------90 degrees , shaft drive and water cooled,   way  before Ducati started making water cooled engines -

One monster of a bike, NOBODY gave me grief on Main Street in Daytona during Bike Week riding it :cool:.... they were aware. Miss it more than the x that got me to trade it for another Chevy. 

It looked like this one:

84-V65-MAGNA.jpg

And did surprisingly well with cornering!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

my 750 was bored a bit over  900 cc / blue printed  / new  ignition system  /kick start bike , watch out for the kick back

Your 750 a la 900cc 2 stroke must have been a monster of a machine. 900cc triple....had to kick azz. Must have been a real struggle to keep the front end down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...