Heresy IV versus Heresy III

buckaroo

9 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Dang it, you bad apples ruined it for all of us. 🤩🍹🤔

I didn't realize this forum was so famous.

i’m suspect of people that tout their intelligence yet can’t communicate without using insults or profanity. 

• Like 1

Whell.  .... Now that we have *that* out of the way.  I want to be clear in my statements. 

In my room, there is no need to plug the ports of my H IVs.  I would not want to, nor recommend it; Your Room May Vary.  Though, I have seen rooms where my old Imperial 7s did benefit from plugging the port, most particularly, when they were in a corner. 

I have my H IVs about 1 foot and a half off the wall on either side of a corner, but 6 to 8 feet out of the corner.  I regularly check to see that the Sub is not working.  I REALLY like a simple 2 channel system like this without complications.  These Heresies have just the right dose of "the thing" and you will not miss any music when listening.  As I listened to them, in a similar position to the old H-700s, I noticed another wonderful thing.  I cannot locate the tweeter and squawker, like I could with the H-700s.  Music comes out of a big hole behind the grille fully assembled and speaking to some cortex thing in my brain.  They're not La Scalas, but DANG, a man sure could be happy with just a pair of these and some good recordings. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Charles T said:

I haven't been on here in a few days because I have been dealing with more important, pressing matters in life. You know, like life itself. Anyway... 

I enjoyed your first post(s) and was impressed by many of your observations. But your self-righteousness started creeping in right along with your smarts (just like in the first words of this, your "last" comment). I'll be the first to agree we're not all saints, but you.... You take the cake. The apparent level of intelligence mated with the staggering level of immaturity in you is alarming. To first tout the virtues of a set of speakers, and then with the same mouth, insult the man who made them what they are, because he questioned your demonstrably false claims about sealed vs open cabinets and about a speaker you haven't even heard...?!?!? You've caused me to begin some serious soul searching in order to weed out any behavioral similarities.

On 3/24/2020 at 7:19 AM, silversport said:

haven't Klipsch Heresys been modified and updated from time to time by the factory since they were introduced?...

Bill

...what happens when I forget to include the quote that I was responding to (posted below)...anyway...you guys got this

"Here also in France, many Klipsch fans talk about the Heresy IV saying: "these are no longer true Klipsch," "betrayal" "they are no longer closed like all Heresy before".

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, silversport said:

...what happens when I forget to include the quote that I was responding to (posted below)...anyway...you guys got this

"Here also in France, many Klipsch fans talk about the Heresy IV saying: "these are no longer true Klipsch," "betrayal" "they are no longer closed like all Heresy before".

Thanks, did anyone call it Heresy to do this to the IV?

2 hours ago, silversport said:

Wow, the irony.  As many of you know, the Heresy got its name because it was direct-firing, on the woofer, at least, instead of being all horn-loaded like the Klipschorn.  For that matter, the Cornwall was and is heretical in the same way, but nobody passes a comment about that.  Being closed or open is pretty small potatoes compared to that characteristic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, silversport said:

The Heresy has been ported previously, just not in the "home" lineup.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Islander said:

Wow, the irony.  As many of you know, the Heresy got its name because it was direct-firing, on the woofer, at least, instead of being all horn-loaded like the Klipschorn.  For that matter, the Cornwall was and is heretical in the same way, but nobody passes a comment about that.  Being closed or open is pretty small potatoes compared to that characteristic.

I had always heard it derived its name because it was Heresy for something so small to sound so good...thanks for sharing another version...

Bill

FWIW, I’ve had six, or more, pairs of Heresy, or Heresy derivatives, such as HIP, KP-200, H1, H2, etc.  IMO, none “need” subs if used by individuals in ways that please them.  IMO, each would need a sub to satisfy me in most of the ways I use them.

Regarding the H4 rear ports, I’ve never heard the H4 at all, more important, I’ve never heard a direct comparison of the ported H4 vs non-ported H3.

It’s anecdotal, but I prefer the sound of the HIPs, visible below on the foam wedges, to the DIY Supers with rear ports.  The comparison is wildly unscientific, in addition to the differing port locations, the HIPs have Crites 120 tweeters and K55 squawkers, whereas the DIYs have H2 components, Crites TI diaphragms and Eminence woofers.  I suspect the significant subjective difference is the tweeters.

When I compare them, the pair being played are in the shown locations on the foam wedges and the four TH subs, in the corners below, are in use.  I know better than to leave the speakers as they are in the photo and merely witch the cables. This summer I will finish the HIPs, perhaps I will experiment with front vs rear ports before applying the final coat of Duratex.

FYI, my wife also prefers the HIPs.

6BC8D6DF-7213-40DA-91E2-E3671034CA87.thumb.jpeg.8fc4687a0a32ce625096328f00833e4f.jpeg.