Heresy IV versus Heresy III

buckaroo

Hey Diz  :D,

What K-77 and K-55 drivers do you prefer?

I want to make these slant monitors for my daughter, the best that they can be. They came with K-77 round Alnico tweeters, K-55V push pins and K-42 Woofers.

My plan is that I have extra K-55V dual phase plug solder terminals, will buy some K-77 mud magnets and keep them all Klipsch.

Thoughts ??

Rog

• Like 1

2 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

I want to make these slant monitors for my daughter, the best that they can be. They came with K-77 round Alnico tweeters, K-55V push pins and K-42 Woofers.

My plan is that I have extra K-55V dual phase plug solder terminals, will buy some K-77 mud magnets and keep them all Klipsch.

Thoughts ??

Rog

If your daughter still has good hearing she may enjoy a tweeter that reaches 20,000 Hz.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Thoughts ??

Rog

Roger,

My only experience with K-55 drivers is with the spring-loaded terminal variety, so I have no basis of comparison to the solder terminal versions, or to the alternative sold by Bob Crites.  Sorry I can’t be of more help.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

You need to get a photo of the label that is on one of the woofers.

Jim,

Somebody obviously played arround inside these things as evidenced by the cheap Piezo in one, and the scabbed in wire in both. The torn rear Gasket material on both doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling that these woofers spent their entire lives in these boxes either. Hell, these could be K-23s or K-25s out of some Forte' for all I know. Having said all of that, Did Klipsch ever put K-42s in a Pro sealed Heresy or only in HIPs ??

Thanks again....   Roger

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jim,

Somebody obviously played arround inside these things as evidenced by the cheap Piezo in one, and the scabbed in wire in both. The torn rear Gasket material on both doesn't leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling that these woofers spent their entire lives in these boxes either. Hell, these could be K-23s or K-25s out of some Forte' for all I know. Having said all of that, Did Klipsch ever put K-42s in a Pro sealed Heresy or only in HIPs ??

Thanks again....   Roger

my understanding is that HSMs did not have K42.  

However, I do see that label on one of the woofers, so it would be great to see the numbers on it, considering that both woofers look of identical make.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved my Heresy III and wondered the same thing.... I went in to my dealer to buy a soundbar for my daughter and while there I asked to listen to the Heresy IV....  No doubt they are a great speaker. I doubt anyone could tell they are not a sealed design.   They sounded great.   But for me I thought even though its not quite a lateral move , my money was better spent on the Forte.  Listened to the F 3 and liked them so much I put a deposit on the Forte IV

Just got them Saturday and they are awesome ....  I'd be shocked if this speaker doesn't get a ton of favorable reviews