Glue Or Not To Glue?!

Duane

Hi  Folks,

Finally getting around to fitting the cut   plywood under  the Klippschorns getting them off the tile floor. They are going snug right up to the corners. Do I need to put  glue between the boards to ward off unwanted resonance if that is the correct term?

Regards,

Duane in Clearwater

• Moderators

If it were I would not glue them, with the weight of each I wo0uld think your OK.

If plans change later the glue could cause a big problem removing that plywood. If your worried about it maby some felt between the two?

Glue would be unreversible and thus I'd not recommend it.

If you are concerned about resonances and rattles let me suggest you use some spray adhesive to fix yoga mat to both surfaces of the ply.   No spray adhesive on the speaker or floor side of course.

Another material is the liner used for tool drawers.  However, this can be more gummy - sticky than you want.

WMcD

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies so far-still mulling over. Living in Florida coastal-areas equals possible water intrusion so up off the floor a cpl inches !My iphone says I am just shy of ten feet above sea level

Regards,

Duane in Cearwater