Heresy III pair: $1,349 (The Music Room)

xoundmind

20 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Price is too high by $500.

I have enough samples now to get a feel for the average price of H3's.  The average price is $875.

Dave, did you ever stop to consider that items posted in Alerts might be items by members here?  (although not this one).  Personally I think you should reserve your pricing comments until after the items sell, if that data is available.  Are you also tracking ebay sold prices?  There is not a single pair that has sold for under $1200, and there are at least 20 pairs sold.

• Like 1

I appreciate your points, Jim and I'm sensitive to what you said about potentially affecting sales by Forum members.  That's why I only comment on Alerts! and not on Garage Sale sales.

I don't track Ebay sales unless someone brings it to my attention.  You've seen my Heritage Prices spreadsheet and we both know it's not the "ultimate" pricing guide but if there are enough samples I do think it accurately reflects general values from verified sales.  The numbers are the numbers.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-12.xlsx

• Like 1

14 hours ago, polizzio said:

Those are used + $150 for shipping. Not exactly a bargain.

Very true but remember TMR has a trade-in program.  A piece or two of unwanted or unused gear traded towards the H3s might end up a decent deal.

Bill

Of the ones that sold on ebay, most were 'New' and some were OBO so we don't know what they actually sold for. A lot of the times (not claiming it in this case), I have found items on Amazon and ebay priced higher than MSRP.   I would rather have Klipsch Forum information to help save money, rather than someone posting info that the price was too high after the sale.

I totally agree that there should not be any disparaging remarks on member's sales, regardless if it's in the Garage Sale or Alert sections.  

22 hours ago, Randyh said:

Actually Dave , I dont think your pricing is off unless the speakers are in mint condition  which is quite rare, whether I buy a H1 -H2 or H3 , my first concern is the condition of the speakers -----

-if the OP  took really good care of his speakers ,-then yes , your price is off -and Jimbo is right - at least 1200$  -

Fair enough.  Jim did some research on Ebay and found 20 samples where H3's went for $1200 or more.

+++

Actually Dave , I dont think your pricing is off unless the speakers are in mint condition  which is quite rare, whether I buy a H1 -H2 or H3 ,

my first concern is the condition of the speakers -----

From a valuation standpoint I think like you do, for used speakers condition is everything.  On the old Heritage speakers I rate them like a report card, ABCDF.  Nothing gets an A unless it is NOS or if it is a currently shipping speaker and I can verify it is in Excellent condition.

For the record I encourage critique of my spreadsheet and its data, as I know it could always be improved.  I don't take anything personal as it is just numbers on a spreadsheet. 

It's good for what it is, a record of actual sales of Heritage speakers and it provides a good place to start when researching prices, especially for people new to the used Klipsch market who want to know which speakers fit into their price range. 

9 hours ago, Randyh said:
10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Looks like $525.  Must have been a motivated Seller, closer to $1000 is more typical.

do you remember  how these sold - was it on Ebay or most likely craigs list -

Sure.  I posted my spreadsheet above ^^^ and I'll post it again just below this post.  If you run your mouse over any cell with a red triangle you can see my detailed notes for condition, s/n, whether the information was from a Buyer or Seller, source of the sale, area, date.  I make note of all the info I can find.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2019-12.xlsx