This song may break my Heresy speakers?

MeloManiac

On 1/27/2020 at 9:33 AM, Dave A said:

I qualify as idiot then.

I read what he wrote, tried to listen to it, and thought that I might be a lone idiot on this. 

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd

Smiling

Merciless the magistrate turns around

Frowning

And who's the fool who wears the crown?

Her song has recorded distortion, your speakers are fine. They most likely sound "worse" (in actuality better) than the 600's because they are a better speaker. 

The Smashing Pumpkins song Ava Adore has a recorded distortion at the start of the track as well. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 5:55 AM, ILI said:

About a year ago I bought a set of RP160M speakers and really enjoyed listening to them. Last October,  I had the opportunity to buy a set of 1972 Heresy speakers for my listening room, and the RP160Ms migrated to the living room. Both speaker sets have their own sound signature/character, and for that reason I've respectfully refrained to make A-B comparisons.

So today I was listening to AnalogPlanet's playlist of 'Best of 2010s' recordings and I came accross Billy Eilish with Xanny. This song starts right off in the lowest frequencies, with really low bass, and then it gets even weirder with some effects thrown in. I thought the song was killing my Heresy woofers, so I paused the song as quickly as possible. Perhaps my tube amp would do better? Not at all. This song really beat the Heresy speakers in their own game. And with that I mean that the song can't be listened to on them in a comfortable way. So out of curiosity I went downstairs to the RP160Ms. And yes, they could handle this song better. Still not perfect, though.  So is this an 'age' thing, or is it because of the fact that the RP160Ms go as low as 45Hz (compared to 58Hz for the Heresy)?

So the question remains how this song is supposed to sound...

I hope im wrong but when you are singing about xanny's at 18 years old im pretty sure there is some depression involved. The pressure thats going to be put on this young woman will most likely put her in the same boat as  Amy Winehouse.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mr clean said:

I hope im wrong but when you are singing about xanny's at 18 years old im pretty sure there is some depression involved. The pressure thats going to be put on this young woman will most likely put her in the same boat as  Amy Winehouse.  

I always thought she was singing about her parents' generation - us. 

What is it about them?
I must be missing something
They just keep doing nothing
Too intoxicated to be scared
Better off without them
They're nothing but unstable
Bring ashtrays to the table
And that's about the only thing they share
I'm in their second hand smoke
Still just drinking canned coke
I don't need a xanny to feel better
On designated drives home