Steven Tyler, you're banned from ever getting on stage again!!!

JL Sargent

12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

you watched that long?

Hey I admit I watched 3/4 of the red carpet show before hand, and about 30 minutes of the actual grammy show, because I like looking at the women and what they are wearing :)

I didn't see the Steven Tyler performance but judging from the comments here it must have been pretty poor. I turned off the boob tube 30 minutes into the grammys. Alecia Keyes intro and her playing on the piano and singing was enjoyable to me. I also saw Blake Shelton and his GF perform too.

Not into awards shows either, but have watched bits and pieces over the years and everyone usually sound rough.

That being said, I did not see Steven Tyler last night.

I did see Aerosmith in concert in Vegas about two months ago and the show was great. I was given tickets and went based on the "why not?" principle.

The show was way better than expectations. Maybe he has a better sound guy in Vegas than at the Grammy's.

IMO, complete waste of time watching any of these shows.  If there's anything great, you will be able to watch it on youtube, as well if there's anything else that is notable. Never watched the 2015 CMA's, but I've watched the Stapleton/Timberlake performances many times, all the great without all the BS

• Like 2

I will say that I'm a Aerosmith fan the fact that I only watched 5min of the award show wasn't because Tyler doesn't have the vocal range he once had it was because of the music being played. A large majority of these teenie boppers use backing tracks to shield the fact that they can't hold a note. Yes Tyler and the boys are well passed their prime but at least they didn't lip sync it or use backing tracks like the artist I watched that made me flip it. Hard to believe those dudes can even perform at their age with the self destructive lifestyle they had for decades. 

• Like 3

I am an Aerosmith fan too. But like Grace Slick said when she stopped tours there is a time when you just need to leave with dignity and not try to keep your bygone youth. With all the money these people people have made if they have run through it too bad.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Not into awards shows either,

What???  You're not into watching awards shows where performers give each other awards for doing their jobs???  I can't imagine why not.

And "no" I didn't watch it either.  🙄

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

What???  You're not into watching awards shows where performers give each other awards for doing their jobs???  I can't imagine why not.

And "no" I didn't watch it either.  🙄

I don't either.  On the subject of voices, the paces that rock singers put them through are not conducive to a life-long career.  A lot of what they do is bad for their voice, and some would add to that not taking much care of them in the meantime.

• Like 2

I watched the whole Grammy show last night and basically tried to identify who was really performing live and who was not.  I hate fake performances.  Lip syncing, etc.

But for Aerosmith that was just sad.  I haven't seen them live in a while and that simply sucked.  I feel badly for Joey Kramer too.  He surely has to come out better for not being there.

My personal feeling is that Brad Whitford has always been a better guitar player than Joe Perry.  The solo in LAST CHILD not Joe Perry.  Brad.  I have seen that live as well.  Joe is a poser.  Brad never made a big deal about it.  

• Like 1