Active Crossover Recommendations

MEH Synergy

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yes. Driverack.  Can't remember the exact model, but it sounded AWFUL.   Didn't last long at all in the system. I borrowed from and did a factory reset to start fresh.  

21 minutes ago, Randyh said:

I have used Ashly products that I am sure compare to DBX.  Havent tried their analog stuff. If running the speakers full range causes some issues, I will likely investigate the crossover further.   I know digital will do everything I need and then some, but endless tweaking and SQ concerns are on my concern list.  I would buy a xilica again if need be.   

7 minutes ago, Randyh said:

Harman is JBL

I am aware.   I currently and previously have had several JBL/ crown pieces of gear.  The xilica can be had for reasonable money when you aren't in a hurry used.   There are other options as well.   Buying to see if I like something and taking a big hit if I don't isn't appealing to me. Hopefully, I'll be content with the sound without a crossover on the mains. 

Hi,

Does Klipsch have a recommendation for best crossover on RP 280s, I know THX says 80hrz where i have it. 

Kept switching back and forth between 80hz 60hz, 80hz gives me more juice to sub. 

2nd Q? What does klipsch recommend on positioning for 2channel imaging straight or toed in ?

Thxs

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 5:43 AM, Westcoastdrums said:

I can vouch for the K231 crossover.

I use it both for subs and at 400Hz between bass horns and mid/ highs.

Sound quality is extraordinary, way above any other crossover I've had; probably as good as Bryston 10B at a fraction of the price. just look at the specs!

mine took a while to break in - fresh out of the box it sounded harsh and congested. But nw after two weeks it sounds incredible.

There's a 45 days no hassle return option should u be disappointed.

Don't waste your time with pro units, they don't sound good enough - they will color the sound too much.

• Thanks 1