The Klipsch Audio Community
Jeffrey D. Medwin

Stock Markets MAY be interesting this upcoming Week.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

how I am to be identified in the trading pits.

1091873180_June1986SNIP.JPG.dbfb6e6508984ccc2ddd932fb20a7c33.JPG,

Of the three of you, I don't see a single one wearing braces (suspenders) .....  impostors!!!

:emotion-14:

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2020 at 4:11 PM, oldtimer said:

I'm sure you realize I was referring to Jeff Matthews in that post?  As an aside, your what if is about as likely as me giving birth to a baby.  Did you not see my comment regarding that?  Recent history has shown that even a compleat idiot in the white house has not truly damaged the US economy.  Respectfully, of course.

No, LOL, I did not realize at all that you were addressing the other Jeff.  Sorry. 

This has very very little to do with past history oldtimer, and that is my thrust. 

The run up was UNPRECEDENTED, the amount of Government DEBT is unprecedented.  It could, and should, possibly lead to an UNPRECEDENTED correction, collapse, and WW III to have us recover.

After the market drops 600 points in a day, is not the time to be teaching the public how to buy, or sell, options !!  I gave simple, concise easy advice to follow last Sunday, to go 95% into cash, and 5% into an inverse ETF such as TVIX, or TZA, SSG, EDZ etc.  We get to live with the consequences. 

I think I am done with this.

Jeffrey Medwin

It could happen, you are correct.  I am not arguing the basic point.  Gee, why is the run up in debt unprecedented and the run up in the market unprecedented?  A compleat idiot in recent history gave the corporations a massive tax cut which led to the money flowing into the market as buybacks, all the while not caring about debt which is true to form.  That said, I still believe that one, the politicians do not run the economy, and two, the economy is stronger than what they can do to screw it up.  Perhaps I am an optimist.  However, the likelihood of both giving up power at the same time is not worth worrying about.  It would not happen that way, even if it were to happen.

19 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Thank you, again.

Yes, I am referring to the general public, and also the average stockbroker I have met in my lifetime as an adult,.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It could happen, you are correct.  I am not arguing the basic point.  Gee, why is the run up in debt unprecedented and the run up in the market unprecedented?  A compleat idiot in recent history gave the corporations a massive tax cut which led to the money flowing into the market as buybacks, all the while not caring about debt which is true to form.  That said, I still believe that one, the politicians do not run the economy, and two, the economy is stronger than what they can do to screw it up.  Perhaps I am an optimist.  However, the likelihood of both giving up power at the same time is not worth worrying about.  It would not happen that way, even if it were to happen.

The word complete idiot - is not spelled as you have above, ie ...as compleat.  

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

The word complete idiot - is not spelled as you have above, ie ...as compleat.  

I am not surprised that you didn't get it.

The word compleat should be considered poetic license.

6 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Just a big Loud sigh

Ok boomer?  LOL

Yes....I have never thought of myself in a group until now 🍻

What happens after the current Old White Men?

2 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Yes....I have never thought of myself in a group until now 🍻

Seriously?  I always thought you were younger than that.  Or do you mean that you could use ok boomer?

7 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

To quote a very stable genius (and an old white guy) "We'll see what happens."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

We'll see what happens

And deal with it. 🍻

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

To quote a very stable genius (and an old white guy) "We'll see what happens."

Yes, I cannot wait to purchase AAPL shares @ $66. I have $100,000 just waiting for this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

Yes, I cannot wait to purchase AAPL shares @ $66. I have $100,000 just waiting for this.

100,000 apples?

JJK

15 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

What makes you think you will be financially viable at the market's future " puke-out-stocks-at-any-price-stage", when people have been totally crushed, and are highly fearful ?  Human greed prevents you, and others, from proactively going into cash.  Human fear will prevent these same  people from proactively going into stocks at a devastating bottom.

I totally see how this occurs because it describes my past to a "T."  Turning overconfidence into fear at the exact wrong times is the crux of the whole debate.  Does it happen?  Of course, it does.  Is there an argument to be made for reversing that behavior?  Absolutely!

So, now it all comes down to what should be considered "prudent."  The way it appears to me is this:

You can bet on an index that goes up, and you can bet on an index that goes in the opposite direction.  Inherently, the slope of the line (up vs. down) is meaningless.  What is more relevant is how far your prediction is from whatever the magic "mean" or "median" is.  Short, long, up, down... whatever.