Denon x4500h vs. x6500h

Atomic4877

Hi all, 

I am looking to upgrade my receiver to take advantage of the new IMAX enhanced format. I am doing the receiver first and then am looking to upgrade my TV from my LG C6 oled if and when LG supports IMAX enhanced. My current setup is as follows:

Denon X4300H Receiver, Emotiva UPA-700 Amplifier, Klipsch R820F Floorstanding Speakers, Klipsch R34C, Klipsch R51M Surrounds, Klipsch R41SA x4 Atmos Speakers and Klipsch R120SW Subwoofer.

I have the Emotiva running my LCR and the Denon running the rest in a 5.1.4 setup. When we move houses I plan on stepping up my system to a 7.2.4 system. My question is which Denon receiver would be best for my setup, the X4500H or the X6500H. I listen to movies at about -15db. As far as I can tell the major differences between the two are 125w vs. 140w, the x6500h is the only one with a dialog enhancer and the connections are gold plated on the x6500h. Is there anything else I am missing? The difference between the two is $509 and I am not sure if the differences are worth that amount.

Also on an unrelated note, I have the Emotiva UPA-700 running my LCR speakers. Is this enough of an amp for these speakers, or would I be better suited with something more powerful?

Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, Atomic4877 said:

Also on an unrelated note, I have the Emotiva UPA-700 running my LCR speakers. Is this enough of an amp for these speakers, or would I be better suited with something more powerful?

I am all about more horsepower/torque, but your Emo driving just 3 channels should be at or slightly above 100w/ch true watts into 8 ohms with plenty of reserves on tap.  No problem unless your room is on the huge side.

Bill