I got some speaker stands Saturday for the H700's

garyeanderson

They were on craigslist for about 3 weeks and I finally got around to calling about them on Friday.  Saturday left home about 9:30 and got back a 1:30 - about 140 miles round trip. The TL606 's were made back in the 80's and have some heavy EVM type 15 's in them. The seller said that one was a 200watt version, the other 400watt. I didn't remove them to look yet but I am sure that will happen in time. I had one problem, they had some speakon NL2 connectors on the back and I had no cables so they were just stands until yesterday when I went looking for cables to hook them up. I stopped at the local music store and they didn't have any for the older NL2 jacks so the next stop was Pro Sound Service in Braintree. In about 20 minutes I was good to go with NL4 jacks and plugs for $25. I got home and looked around for wire and all I could find were a couple of old drop light cords that were in a pile of wire so I use them. One orange and the other yellow, I spent about half an hour installing the ends and putting the new jacks in place. I then got to turn on the radio and hit it at the right time, the moldies  station were just starting to play "Teenage Wasteland" by the Who so with the H700 's on one B & K 1400 and TL606 's on another I turned up the advent 300 used as a preamp to about half way and John Entwistle's bass playing nor the TL606 's didn't let me down. I brought in the center MWMs clone and the Khorn top (K400 horn with a Peavey 22a and a K77round magnet) powered by another amp,  a B & K 2500 (5 channels with separate gains,  one channel each set up in Mono for the Khorn top and and MWMs, the other three channels are set up as a left, a right for the Belle's , and I think the other is dead with these 3 channels set at 0 gain ). After the song ended I turned it down and left the house to rest my ears. I think they are keepers:biggrin2:

one TL606 in vinyl

IMG_1321.thumb.JPG.eada4c2adfbadd119ce1a158fae98ceb.JPG

The other in rat fur

IMG_1322.thumb.JPG.5742fdbf8164ac0be01679da1d1e4e27.JPG