BAR 48

JB18

• 1 month later...

JB18 - I just purchased a Bar 48 about a week ago, and I am experiencing the same. In fact, I posted another thread just a few minutes ago with the same topic. I really enjoy Klipsch products and like the sound. So when we went shopping for a soundbar for our living room, I settled on this one. After fiddling with it for about a week now, I agree - the bass is very much lacking. It's almost like the sub is used to hit the mids more than the lows. I am pretty underwhelmed and considering returning.

I am assuming not much responses on here since those who purchase the Bar 48 probably aren't on Klipsch forums often.

On 3/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, KingJames said:

JB18 - I just purchased a Bar 48 about a week ago, and I am experiencing the same. In fact, I posted another thread just a few minutes ago with the same topic. I really enjoy Klipsch products and like the sound. So when we went shopping for a soundbar for our living room, I settled on this one. After fiddling with it for about a week now, I agree - the bass is very much lacking. It's almost like the sub is used to hit the mids more than the lows. I am pretty underwhelmed and considering returning.

I am assuming not much responses on here since those who purchase the Bar 48 probably aren't on Klipsch forums often.

@KingJames

I just came across this thread now. While this issue affects your subwoofer, most of the other BAR 48 posts are in the Home Theater forum which states: "Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!".

Initially there was quite a bit of activity as there was no information at all provided by Klipsch about BAR 48 issues and the forums were the only place available to seek help. This thread in particular has had more than 43,000 views.

BAR 48 Surround volume at max but can barely hear them

Since most of the BAR 48 issues have been raised in various threads already. and there is still no additional information from Klipsch about efforts to resolve them, I suspect most customers are getting all available information from existing posts. 

• Moderators
On 3/3/2020 at 1:53 PM, KingJames said:

6 hours ago, KevinB said:

Since most of the BAR 48 issues have been raised in various threads already. and there is still no additional information from Klipsch about efforts to resolve them, I suspect most customers are getting all available information from existing posts.

I have never even see the BAR 48 so no help from me.

As far as I know I don't think Klipsch looks here much so I doubt you would get an answer, I could be wrong. Mostly people here try to help with what they know and like KJ said, not much experience with a soundbar here especially a new one, guessing it's a new product?   I don't know 

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have never even see the BAR 48 so no help from me.

As far as I know I don't think Klipsch looks here much so I doubt you would get an answer, I could be wrong. Mostly people here try to help with what they know and like KJ said, not much experience with a soundbar here especially a new one, guessing it's a new product?   I don't know 

@dtel

The BAR 48 is a relatively new product that has more than its share of issues. I've been trying to help those who have recently acquired a BAR 48 and are trying to deal with its many issues. Most of that activity is taking place in the Home Theater forum.

I don't think Klipsch looks here much so I doubt you would get an answer

That is what I would call an understatement! 😞

• Like 1

Read a few issues with the different sound bar models and seems that some or alot  of problems are being fixed by the download of software updates in the Klipsch.com section of this site. Ran into them by chance there. Good fortune...

On 1/28/2020 at 12:50 PM, JB18 said:

Just recently got the Bar 48 with subwoofer, and the base is non existent. It shows it's connected. Anyone have similar issues or any recommendations?

Two bookshelf speakers and sub would be a great replacement.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, billybob said:

Read a few issues with the different sound bar models and seems that some or alot  of problems are being fixed by the download of software updates in the Klipsch.com section of this site. Ran into them by chance there. Good fortune...

@billybob

I can't speak to other Klipsch products as I only have experience with the BAR 48. One of the factors influencing my purchase was the Klipsch brand reputation. Unfortunately, it appears that this product was rushed to market with little or no quality assurance scrutiny. 

Unless there is a hardware defect, and this product has its share of those, firmware updates are the way to correct issues and add functionality. The BAR 48 5.1 SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM has had one firmware update that was released 12/13/2019. It resolved or partially resolved some of the reported issues:

Bar 48 2.4GHz v23 - Change Log:

• Increased Surround Output when Rear Surrounds are present.
  • When volume is set to minimum, sub volume now mutes.
  • Content continues playing after Bluetooth connection is made from device to soundbar.
  • BT switches input when coming from other audio input after BT connection is made from device to soundbar.
  • Sub Volume Increase/Decrease LED indication improved on bar
  • Can power off soundbar when HDMI content playing with button on soundbar or remote.
  • Installer Mode Added
  • External Player Mode Added
  • Various Bug Fixes

This is the only information available from Klipsch regarding product issues or fixes. This is not a minor update. I consider it to be mandatory. Even with this update I have reported almost a dozen other issues. 😞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, USNRET said:

Unfortunately I guided a close friend to Klipsch for a soundbar and he bought the 48. First one was replaced and since then he has refused to engage in conversation about the product. 

@USNRET

Hopefully he still speaks to you... 😉