Blue Ray Rental Alternatives

Foxman

44 minutes ago, dtel said:

VHS still or is it Beta or laser disc ?

In 1981, I bought a Betamax...it was about the size of a small suitcase, top-loading and VERY heavy.  I think I paid $599 ON SALE.  Looked at a calculator on the internet and it said that $599 in 1981 is the equivalent of $1783 today.  I got ripped off. 

• Moderators

Bought a VHS player back then $400, it was only a player and like you said large. But it was amazing to go to the video store and pick from maby 30 movies to rent. I just got lucky and went with VHS not knowing which one would last.

Don't even want to talk about 8 tracks, probably worst media ever.:(

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

Bought a VHS player back then $400, it was only a player and like you said large. But it was amazing to go to the video store and pick from maby 30 movies to rent. I just got lucky and went with VHS not knowing which one would last.

Don't even want to talk about 8 tracks, probably worst media ever.:(

I remember one day a group of us went to the video store and rented more movies than was possible to even watch in a day -- and back then it was something like $7 a day to rent a movie. That shop owner loved us. We were young and stupid. 

• Haha 1