SWAG for sale

If you have something you'd like to sell at the SWAG, this is the thread for it.  We're always worried about shipping our stuff.  Who better to transport goods than the person selling it.  No transportation damage to worry about.  Great way to pick up your purchases from all over the country.

This and all other SWAG threads will be unpinned after the event.

Good idea —

} I’ll start it off with a pair of walnut Heresy 1, cabs refinished and networks refreshed by Jimbo

One pair of oak Quartets in very nice condition, all original.

Prices can be discussed in PM. Pics sent email for those with interest —

Thanks

I have a NOB Technics SL1200 mk2 that I should sell since I have no plans on getting back into vinyl.  I'm only going to bring it if there's a real buyer going to the event so if there's any interest, PM me about it.

I will be listing some other items to gauge interest in the next couple of weeks after I make some decisions on a couple projects that I have going on.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I might be moving backward, but I still am collecting CDs. Anyone who is coming to the SWAG who is thinning their CD collection? I know of a few I still don't have. 

I totally get that.  Took me a long time to get rid of the reel to reel, then the cassette recorder,  then eventually the vinyl, but I can't seem to let the CD's go.

I got rid of my TT and open reel.....  I don't really miss the TT but if I had a chance to get the RTR back, I'd bow my head in shame and accept it.

(I not only gave it to a friend, I drove it 5 hours one way to Ohio and delivered THEM  to his door!!!)

Of everything I've ever gotten rid of, I miss the RTR the most.

Don't think I'll be able to attend this but would like to.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I got rid of my TT and open reel.....  I don't really miss the TT but if I had a chance to get the RTR back, I'd bow my head in shame and accept it.

(I not only gave it to a friend, I drove it 5 hours one way to Ohio and delivered THEM  to his door!!!)

Of everything I've ever gotten rid of, I miss the RTR the most.

Don't think I'll be able to attend this but would like to.  

Do you need a ride?  

1 minute ago, Pete H said:

Do you need a ride?  

It's usually the excitement of the journey that gets me.....  with Crohn's, you find you're just merrily driving down the highway....  pull in to fill up on gas...  no big deal....pull out on highway and within 2-miles, are in a panic to get to the next bathroom which.....could be 20-30 miles to the next exit....

(I cover 10 counties for work so drive about 2,000 miles/month....  believe me....this happens)

I just don't know if I could trust a trip that long.  Heck, I don't even go out on the boat anymore.

Guess that makes me a real party pooper!!

:emotion-14:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Question...

I have a pair of Promedia 2.1's.  This is (what I'd believe to be) the older design where they had issues with the DIN plug.

I have spliced a new line into that and it worked fine.

Been in original box for 5'ish years....  pulled out to setup and now, there's static & noise (electronic) in the sound.  Put them back into their box and pulled out the newer pair of Promedia's and hooked them up.

I'm looking to get rid of the older pair.  If someone would like them to try to clean up their sound AND, we have a way to Pony Express them to Hope, someone can have them.

@Pete H doesn't know this yet, but I'm contemplating asking if it's not too far out of his way, if he'll stop in  Fairfield on his way down and pick up a Chesters Pizza for me!

Heck, I might even buy him one for his efforts.  He'll never be the same afterwards.

Thread Crap & off topic:  Had a jokester roommate in college.  He was driving through Knoxville to go to Hilton Head.  Said he'd bring me a Chesters (we'd drive 90 minutes to get there at the drop of a hat during college)  Anyway, I get home from work and he had stopped by the house.  There was a Chesters box sitting at the door!!!  GOODY!!  I can hardly wait.  Rush inside, turn oven on....  got things ready....  opened box to pull some out & reheat....  and don't you know that dufas old room mate of mine ATE the dang pizza.....  and took a section of a pine 2x4 ...  put it inside the box to give it the weight/feel of the pizza....  and TOTALLY busted my chops on it.  He knew I'd be salivating to jump on this thing and he totally demolished my high hopes.

We still get a laugh about this 20 years later but secretly I want to break his knee caps.

4 hours ago, Coytee said:

It's usually the excitement of the journey that gets me.....  with Crohn's, you find you're just merrily driving down the highway....  pull in to fill up on gas...  no big deal....pull out on highway and within 2-miles, are in a panic to get to the next bathroom which.....could be 20-30 miles to the next exit....

(I cover 10 counties for work so drive about 2,000 miles/month....  believe me....this happens)

I just don't know if I could trust a trip that long.  Heck, I don't even go out on the boat anymore.

Guess that makes me a real party pooper!!

:emotion-14:

} That’s too bad. Must really complicate life’s normalities —