Converting an HDMI cable to analog.

RLink

In need of assistance please.  I have a 2 channel stereo receiver that only has analog inputs, no optical or HDMI.  I also have a Sony UBP x1100ES Blu-Ray player that has both optical and HDMI.  What I want is to be able to watch Blu-Ray movies and listen to the sound through my stereo speakers.   Amazon has an HDMI convertor that appears to be able to do this but I'm just not sure.  Looks like I would take the HDMI from the TV and then pass through somehow to the Blu-Ray player and then stereo receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XJITK7E?pf_rd_p=ab873d20-a0ca-439b-ac45-cd78f07a84d8&pf_rd_r=VRFNTKGQG05J77MW6C1E

image.png.723e1d505ccdeed33fa40068ec080646.pngThank You for any assistance with this set up....

• Moderators

What about the Line out RCA jacks on the right, same as that box ?  At the same time as the HDMI to the TV for the picture.

Choice # 2 ........Or HDMI to the TV and if your Tv has L&R audio out maby to the receiver ?

Either way it a digital signal converting to analog and the BR player may do it better since it's right from the source ?

Don't know about the box

sonyx1100es-3.jpg

DTEL's idea would work fine. You would have to see (hear) if the audio is in sync with the hdmi video on the tv. I used an inexpensive optical to rca out of my tv at previous house to get rid of a terrible ground loop hum from the cable (comcast) going to my tv. I would try the rca jacks first.

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You would have to see (hear) if the audio is in sync with the hdmi video on the tv.

Your right, when I switch from just the Tv speakers to the HT speakers through the receiver, but before turning off the TV speakers they are out of sync, it sounds like an echo.

I would try it with HDMI and the RCA line out first, if I were doing it, while checking the sync. Hate to play it through the stereo speakers if it's going to make it out of sync like an old kung fu movie. :huh:

• Haha 1

The Amazon box will work fine, I just had one and sold it to a forum member.  In my instance I was trying to get the dolby digital signal from the HDMI converted to optical and it worked perfect for that.  I didn't use the RCA outputs but I wouldn't see why they wouldn't work just as well.

Or, as was mentioned, if that's the back panel of your player just try the red and white audio outs to make sure they output sound along with the HDMI.  Most players will have those outputs be hot at the same time as the HDMI.

I will try running the HDMI cable from TV input to blu-ray player output and the RL analog plugs to an input out the receiver to see if that will work.  If not, I'll opt for the HDMI Convertor box, it's not that expensive to try................Thanks all for your assistance with this.

On 1/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, RLink said:

I will try running the HDMI cable from TV input to blu-ray player output and the RL analog plugs to an input out the receiver to see if that will work.  If not, I'll opt for the HDMI Convertor box, it's not that expensive to try................Thanks all for your assistance with this.

DON'T NEED THE CONVERTOR BOX, IT WORKED JUST FINE.......THANKS AGAIN ALL.

• Like 1