How do I remove the grills from the ProMedia 2.1 computer speakers?

Jogo

I want to check if there's any difference with them off. Not sure why, but compared to my previous cheaper Logitech speakers, the audio doesn't sound as clear, almost like a smartphone speaker but louder and with bass, and I'm thinking it may be due to the grills.

There aren't any instructions on how to in the manual.

Edited by Jogo

My Pro-M set is in storage and I haven't used them in a long, long while, but if my memory serves me correctly, the front grills on the satellite speakers just press into place. There should be a plastic "prong" at each corner of the grill - pry apart a little at a time with your fingers or flat blade screwdriver until you can pop them all the way off.  To re-install just "snap" them back on.

IMO, removing the grills probably are not going to make any significant difference in the sound as the grills are pretty transparent, but I guess it won't hurt to try.

~

Eq.  Always turn down what you don't like to boost what you do.   The system is bass heavy. If you can't or don't want to do that, move the sub 6" at a time away from the boundary until the problem is solved. The sub is KILLER for its application from what I remeber.   Get the tweeters at your ear and angle em toward if you can.