Klipsch connect app?

JerryJ

I'm about to return my t5s also, honestly it seems like klipsch customer service could care less, I contacted them about connectivity issues, explained that I did all there troubleshooting steps. Asked what else I could do and 2 weeks later got a generic response and a list of the same troubleshooting steps...

12 hours ago, JerryJ said:

I'm about to return my t5s also, honestly it seems like klipsch customer service could care less, I contacted them about connectivity issues, explained that I did all there troubleshooting steps. Asked what else I could do and 2 weeks later got a generic response and a list of the same troubleshooting steps...

I completely agree with you. Also if you bought your headphones from them, it takes about three or four weeks to get your refund credited. Terrible. The first pair I bought took forever to get a refund so the next pair I tried was off Amazon and it seems all their headphones have connection issues. I will say the black version works much much better than the silver version. All the above said, the headphone launch has been a complete debacle as compared to most other companies. Hopefully they fix all the issues and launch properly with an app with the next generation that comes out later this year.

Edited by ErockG

On 2/4/2020 at 3:10 AM, Vince1 said:

I reached out  to customer service for an answer about the app. All I got was coming soon. But he said that my issues sound like a faulty bluetooth chip. So they are supposed to be sending me a new pair.....smdh.

I definitely think the Silver version has more bt chip issues than the Black version.  Both are flawed.  The app is really only good for transparency and eq.  I'd doubt firmware updates could fix connection issues.  The original Bragi Dash has bluetooth connection issues and they tried to fix them with a fw update.  Didn't work.  Next gen they solved the issue.  Fingers crossed, but sadly not hopeful.  Love the sound so much on the T5's, but the flaws outweigh the positives.

• 4 weeks later...

Persistence is the key - it took four factory resets of the headphones coupled with forgetting BT connection and re-pairing and re-installing the firmware update - once it finally took on both headphones, connection and sound has been very good!

8 hours ago, Jreyes61985 said:

It's out, but it's broken.  Good luck getting it to actually update the firmware, and pass the setup step!

Had some difficulty as well, the problem was getting them to turn off according to the instructions, it would cause them to reset instead. The trick was to use the charging case to turn them off instead (i.e., when it says to press the button for 4 seconds, just put the relevant headphone back in the case).

I followed SeanL's suggestion to do the 4-second press with the buds in the case. After some trial and error (lots of errors) I managed to get the left bud to update. After still more errors and backtracking, I finally got the right bud to 100% of the update, and then got another error message and had to start over - entirely, apparently, because the app no longer indicates that the left bud has been updated. And now the right bud has become completely unresponsive, even after more charging.

I'll call customer service in the morning and see what they have to say, I guess, but after nearly nine months of frustration culminating in a long-awaited app that doesn't work (for me so far, anyway) I'm tired of fiddling with these things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Enoch Soames said:

I followed SeanL's suggestion to do the 4-second press with the buds in the case.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to do the 4 second press in the case; it seems to be it’s that press that’s generating errors because until the firmware is updated, it’s doesn’t work the way the instructions indicate. YMMV, but I didn’t hear that drum sound to indicate the earbud was turning off, and press too long, it resets the Bluetooth connection, so you have to then delete and re-pair on your phone.

in short, when it says to do a 4 second press, put the earbud in the case and close it, which also turns the earbud off. So the order was, which worked for me:

- Start the firmware update (which it forces you to do anyway)

- When it says it’s starting the left earbud first and asks you to do a 4 second press to turn off the right one, put the right one back in the case and close it.

- Wait for the left firmware update to finish (takes a few minutes). Don’t let your phone turn off during the update or switch to another app.

- When it asks you to switch, put the left earbud in the case, take out the right earbud, close the case, and wait for the update to finish.

Also, note that I was getting an error starting the equalizer at first, after the update was completed, but it worked eventually. And there’s already been an app update, which says it streamlines the registration process, perhaps it already addresses some of the firmware update issues.

I checked after the firmware was updated as well that the 4 second press does then work as it should.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeanL said:

Sorry, I didn’t mean to do the 4 second press in the case; it seems to be it’s that press that’s generating errors because until the firmware is updated, it’s doesn’t work the way the instructions indicate. YMMV, but I didn’t hear that drum sound to indicate the earbud was turning off, and press too long, it resets the Bluetooth connection, so you have to then delete and re-pair on your phone.

Thanks for the clarification and the suggestions. I'll give that a shot tonight if I can get my right bud to wake up.

Htc u12 plus. Upgraded via app now serious problems with music on phone. Will lock up earbuds. Need a solution or firmware rollback

6 days with an open support ticket.... crickets.  

Edited by Izzo

I hate to admit it but these earbuds have been totally disappointing. They have never worked properly after nearly 4 months of fiddling with them. The left ear bud died and I was issued a replacement. Then connectivity issues started occurring making the right ear bud unresponsive. Klipsch customer support just responds withe the same lame troubleshooting procedure. Is it me or are the instructions for pairing unnecessarily complicated? The controls kind of suck too.

Today I downloaded the connect app - that was a mistake!! I followed the instructions for the right bud and it updated the firmware in not time! Then I tried to do the same for the left. Disaster! Now I can't even get past the registration screen. 

That's it for me - totally fed up with these earbuds! They are being returned.