XLR-4 Cable/Adapter For HP-3 & Amp Combo?

Headphonophile

I just picked up both the HP-3 and the partnered Headphone amp.  I'd like to use the balanced connection, so i'm looking for advice on a high quality cable or adapter.  Not sure if any adapters out there will maintain peak audio quality.  I've come across the Beyerdynamic cable as well as one on ebay, (made in Japan), both around the $120-140 price point.  Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I'm currently looking at the Corpse Cable version on eBay.  I've bought their product before but I just need to make sure I get the correct connector.  I'm assuming the ends are 3.5mm mono plugs.

Why doesn't Klipsch offer a balanced cable considering they offer a balanced DAC/Amp?  Is it because the low impedance doesn't really require one?

Edited by Bill_R

• 1 month later...

Last year I purchased a balanced cable directly from Klipsch.  I had to open a support case to get a ticket number then was provided part numbers and pricing for both black and white cables and a phone number to place the order.  The black cable matches the cables included with the HP-3.  I also use a dual 3.5mm to XLR4 (Type 8) cable from Periapt and am considering a modular cable from Hart Audio.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...