Cornwall II: Replacing Crossovers with Crites, where do I attach terminal cables?

roughlytraded

Hello! Hoping someone can help here, I'm installing new crossovers onto my Cornwall II, and I'm almost done. All that's left are the two cables that run but the Input terminal, but I'm not sure where to put them? 

I removed the screws to the circuitboard, but there's two pieces still braced against it so I can't lift it up. Pictures attached, does anyone know where to put the binder cables? 

Second question...for two out of the three drivers, i forgot to take pictures of the L-R wires before, so I'm guessing on which post they go on. is it dangerous for the speaker to test it out like this, and will i know immediately if they're backward? 

Thanks everyone!

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 5.46.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 5.46.07 PM.png

i talked to bob, here's his reply, check out the two connectors circled below  but i don't have a soldering iron, never used one before. any ideas for how to get the soldered-on wire off the circuit board?

"The terminal come all the way through the board and are connected by the bare wire on top of the board.  You need to unwind the soldered bare wire from the two connections and then the board will slip off of the terminals.  Then with the board out of the way, you can connect the wires you show under the nuts that old the terminals on."

unnamed.png

If those "wires" are just mechanical fasteners then you might be able to snip them off. However, if they are part of the electrical circuit then do not.

Either contact Bob again to get his okay, or have a friend with a solder pencil do it for you. It will only take a minute or two. 

Let me be honest with you. Don't do anything!

1. You took it apart with out taking a picture ahead of time - bad idea

2. You were advised to get "Bob's ok" before going further - apparently you did not - another bad idea

3. I did a google search and within less than a minute I found a schematic and photos of the crossover and wires. Why weren't you able to do this yourself?

4. If the driver is not working after you fooled around with the circuit boards, and connectors, then it is quite likely you have a simple case where you need to check the connections and connectors. This may require require re-flowing a solder joint.

This may not be a task for you. I am just being brutally honest. Take everyones advice and call Klipsch

• Like 4

He got new networks, he's only reusing the terminal cup and attached binding posts.

Your midriver is not working because you probably connected both wires on the same side of the driver. Each side has two connection points. You will have to connect one of the wires to one of the terminals on the other side.

But which one? Look at the back of the driver for the "factory mark". The mark is usually done with a magic marker or paint. This is the positive side. Attach the red wire to this side.

Dean

13 hours ago, Deang said:

He got new networks, he's only reusing the terminal cup and attached binding posts.

Your midriver is not working because you probably connected both wires on the same side of the driver. Each side has two connection points. You will have to connect one of the wires to one of the terminals on the other side.

But which one? Look at the back of the driver for the "factory mark". The mark is usually done with a magic marker or paint. This is the positive side. Attach the red wire to this side.

Dean

Great and helpful advice, Nice!