Altec Lansing 508; Worth Buying?

sbcoffey42

I have an opportunity to pick up a very pristine set of Altec Lansing 508's for 100.00. Is this a good deal, I don't need them but for the price I figured why not. The plate says they are made in PA so I think that means they are Sparkomatics, curious if anyone has owned them.

If you ask the Altec guys on AK or Lansing forums, they are the worst thing ever.  If you ask others, they really aren't awful.  To me, they sound better than the 2 different pairs of Valencias I had about 12 years ago.  For a hundred bucks, its worth a shot to formulate your own opinion as to whether you like them or not.  They did have some favorable reviews, too. 

On 1/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, sbcoffey42 said:

I have an opportunity to pick up a very pristine set of Altec Lansing 508's for 100.00. Is this a good deal, I don't need them but for the price I figured why not. The plate says they are made in PA so I think that means they are Sparkomatics, curious if anyone has owned them.

Ok...waiting for an update!  :D