Selling KLF 30 Black Satin Pair.

Rachder

I inherited these towers, and they are too much for my living room. I have basic generic information as follows: These speakers are awesome for home theater and all types of music, but especially with rock/modern music (with their 102db sensitivity). Feel free to read the reviews (links below). Their sound speaks for themselves. When Klipsch decided to sell their products in Best Buy's, their quality just dropped. You just can't find speakers like these any more (often referred to as “classic”), with their 2 huge 12" woofers. Minor rattle from one of the midrange horns. Likely attributed to glue issues which is fairly coming for Klipsch speakers of this age. See Klipsch.com for easy repair details. Comparable speakers sell new for over $5000 apiece. Don't miss this great value! Original manuals included.

Bradenton, Florida.
Price: $995/pr
Specifications: 
Type: Floor standing bass Reflex, Two Rear-Firing Ports
Frequency Response: 36 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
Sensitivity: 102dB/w/m
Impedance: 8 Ohms Nominal
Power Handling: 200 Watts RMS, 800 Watts Peak
Size: 46 1/2" H x 14" W x 17 1/4" D
Weight: 92 Pounds Each
Original MSRP: $1,800/Pair - [Recently similar pair found 'refurbished' on eBay at $1250] These do not need refurbishing!
Color: Satin Black

Reviews: 
1. http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_1/klipsch-klf-30-speakers-3-2000.html
2. "I have owned these speakers for several years and they are the mainstay of my dedicated Home Theater Room. I have found them to be among the best speakers I have ever heard. I have many brands of quality speakers including B&W, Def Techs, and a set of the original Advent speakers. These Klipsch produce quality sounds for both Movies and Music. I would put them up against most any speakers to which I have listened. They are smooth and give excellent performance in all frequency ranges. I listened to both the KLF 30's and KLF 20"s and decided on the 30's. If you get a chance to audition them I can almost predict you will buy them.": http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/klipsch/klf-30/prd_119937_1594crx.aspx

IMG_8190.jpeg

IMG_9524.jpeg

IMG_9523.jpeg

IMG_9522.jpeg

That hole line of speakers had a bad habit of the joints coming apart. I’ve had a few sets over the years. First thing you should do with them is pull all the drivers so you can get your hand inside, then pore a lot of wood glue inside all the joints. And then use clamps to hold it together until it drys. Then flip it over and do another side until your all done. Some people have even added more braces inside from the rear to the motor board ( the front side ). Also the ports were installed with glue and they come lose, so I would use wood nails for them
Great speakers and worth a weekend of work, just general loving care to a great hard hitting speakers. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the informative replies. As these speakers are too much for me, I will not be attempting any repair. They actually sound great even with the rattle, which I never heard while using the speakers, but I can hear it when I tap the side of the cabinet. They are not connected to a system right now, but now that I know about the rattle, I would probably hear it when playing anything with significant bass. So I will sell them as is. Asking $995, negotiable.

15 hours ago, Rooster42 said:

These would be sold if you were anywhere near Shreveport Louisiana. Would you be down if I made shipping arrangements? 

Ouch but killer speakers so understand why you would be willing to pay shipment.

It would be nice if you could find someone going between FL and someplace on i10 west to keep costs down (if they had room... not small).

I happen to have a bunch of friends that are gonna be in the Pensacola/Navarre beach area in about 2 months. Still a long way from Bradenton. I also have a friend with a condo in orange beach that could hold on to em for a bit for me till I could get down there if need be. 

Shipping could be arranged. It seems all the serious buyers are in Texas or Manitoba etc. lol. Even got a reply from Saudi Arabia.

It will not be cheap though. I would suggest you consider contacting UPS or Fed Ex, who will PACK and ship from Bradenton Fl.

If you like their price, I will get the speakers to their location.

Sorry, but It's not possible for me to get up to the Panhandle anytime soon. If it helps, I could get up to the Citrus Springs, Dunellon area.

• 5 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:35 AM, Rachder said:

Shipping could be arranged. It seems all the serious buyers are in Texas or Manitoba etc. lol. Even got a reply from Saudi Arabia.

It will not be cheap though. I would suggest you consider contacting UPS or Fed Ex, who will PACK and ship from Bradenton Fl.

If you like their price, I will get the speakers to their location.

Sorry, but It's not possible for me to get up to the Panhandle anytime soon. If it helps, I could get up to the Citrus Springs, Dunellon area.

Were you ever able to sell these? I'd be interested in discussing.