Is this Real or is it Sci-Fi ?

JohnJ

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Ok.  Perhaps this is an opportune time for you to enlighten us all about which outlets are the only ones to be trusted.  But I feel scammed since I did play your inane video clip.

He didn't do the Nay Nay even though that is the title!! I'm still listening twenty minutes later.

They have all lost my explicit trust, maybe some of that comes with age?

Straight from my propaganda folder:

citizens free press

gateway pundit

no apologies, and say what you will

17 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

"Flu is much more dangerous and kills many more people."

Could be, but this kind of footage is not what we see when the flu comes to town.  This looks very serious, and something smells rotten in Denmark China

That looks like what I was talking about earlier. If there is a lab near there I'd have an easier time believing the "other" story.

But who knows the truth, or is that other story the truth?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That looks like what I was talking about earlier. If there is a lab near there I'd have an easier time believing the "other" story.

But who knows the truth, or is that other story the truth?

I don't know whether it is some sinister plot (which I kind of doubt), but the videos are pretty telling that this ain't your seasonal flu.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

If something is being hidden about this by "them" I consider that sinister.

Maybe.  Or maybe it's just a (bad) policy call.  Wuhan is a large metropolis of around 11 million, according to what I read.  They were probably hoping to avoid major disruption by quelling early "rumors" (which turned out to be true this time).

• Like 2

Closing in on half the number of deaths during the SARS outbreak.

We still have lots of friends working in China, most in Jiangxi Province in Nanchang, just south of Wuhan in Hubei Province. Haven't heard from them yet...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

Closing in on half the number of deaths during the SARS outbreak.

We still have lots of friends working in China, most in Jiangxi Province in Nanchang, just south of Wuhan in Hubei Province. Haven't heard from them yet...

i hope they are all okay Bruce ... i will certainly pray that they are. I hope you and your bride are healthy & happy and that you’re playing one of those guitars regularly. 

Peace my friend. 

On 2/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, oldtimer said:

Nah.  They just don't trust their own conventional media....

Al Jazeera actually appears to have more in-depth coverage of what is going on ...

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/02/dispelling-myths-coronavirus-outbreak-200202093426388.html

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I hope you and your bride are healthy & happy and that you’re playing one of those guitars regularly. 

Steve, we're doing great! I decided last December to play a little every day. I had gone weeks at a time not playing. Short story is that my playing is probably better than it has been for a few years and I play every night before bed. Stress is lower and sleep is good. Mostly playing my '74 Guild F30R. It actually has better action and intonation than my Taylor. I can't believe I've had it for 45 years.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Is that kraut, looks like it... or are there good Phillies down there?

No kraut , onions and there are a couple of decent Phillies here in Charleston .

That Phillie is from Tony Luke's in Philadelphia .

IMG_2004.jpg

BTW I don't recommend a 700 mile road trip on I95 in an Subaru STi , the expansion joints are murder in a stiffly sprung car . 

JaBamm   JaBamm   JaBamm   repeat 

• Haha 2