SOLD : Pair of Museum Edition Cornwall IV SOLD

• Moderators

SOLD: KLIPSCH CORNWALL® IV MUSEUM EDITION – ONE PAIR ONLY

Klipsch Cornwall IV is the all-new model for 2019 and the Museum Edition is unique.

PRICE and HOW TO PURCHASE

Starting Friday, Feburary 28, 2020 at 9:00 p.m. Hope time (Central Time), a single pair of Klipsch Cornwall IV Museum Edition loudspeakers is being offered for sale for $8,474, including shipping inside the continental United States. No international sales will be entertained. To own this exquisite set of ultra-premium loudspeakers, please email Travis Williamson, KHMA Trustee and Honorary Life Member No. 002 using this addressSOLD with your commitment to purchase. This offer is first come, first served – determined by email time stamp. Serious inquiries only, please. If you wish to send a "test message" to this email address to ensure there are no communication issues, please feel free to do so.

In order to give everyone a fair opportunity to to purchase these speakers early offers will not be accepted or entertained. Any offers received prior to Friday, 2/28/2020 at 9:00 p.m. will be considered void

PAYMENT

Payment will be due within five (5) days of the date of your purchase, either by credit card payment to the KHMA account or by cashiers' check (greatly preferred in order to maximize proceeds to the Museum). If you are coming to Hope in March for the Museum Pilgrimage Events/Annual Museum Membership Meeting, you can pick them up then.

Link to the Specification Sheet for the All-New Cornwall IV you can click here or see the attached pdf.

MUSEUM EDITION UNIQUE FEATURES

EXTREMELY LIMITED to only ONE Unique Pair

• Museum Edition Cornwall IV S/N 001 and 002
  • Don’t delay! The Museum Edition Klipschorn pair sold in less than ONE HOUR for $18,573 (regular retail price of $15,000), with backup offers.

image.thumb.png.3acf0ee05010facb80e79b5977e172d1.pngThis Cornwall IV pair will have Museum Edition-only features, Including:

• Exclusive Museum Edition exotic "one of a kind" black limba wood veneer
  • Special Museum Edition grille fabric specially matched to veneer
  • Hand selected and specially matched drivers and crossovers by Chief Engineer and KHMA Trustee, Roy Delgado, Jr. (“Chief Bonehead”)
  • Museum Edition metal plaques
  • Hand signed by the Chief Bonehead, acoustic engineer responsible for the all-new Heritage Klipschorn AK-6, La Scala AL-5, Cornwall IV and Heresy IV.

(Photo Courtesy of The Renaissance Man)

image.thumb.png.26c6c06874cbd66f7033e8ace9fd3262.png

As with all speakers in the Klipsch Heritage line, these ME edition speakers will be hand-assembled and hand-finished by the craftspeople of the Klipsch factory in Hope, AR, with pride.

All proceeds from the sale of these speakers will go to the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc. (KHMA) which operates the Klipsch Museum of Audio History in Hope, Arkansas. Your purchase of these speakers directly helps us continue preserving and sharing the scientific work and cultural legacy of audio pioneer Paul. W. Klipsch. KHMA dba Klipsch Museum of Audio History is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation.

image.thumb.png.36ae046dd6d243fbe2eba4a2e5bee6c1.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Should add these of cloth and wood, these are the ME La Scala AL-5.

[ will add photos in a moment]

Here you go Travis.  Please feel free to edit as you need.

[Moderatir edit: Theae are photos of rhe La Scala Museum Edition speakers taken by owner wirh his high quality equipment which better capture the wood and fabric]

80D72BAC-439C-4815-802B-DEA9BB24E874.thumb.jpeg.48d10262f4c5aca3a69e60fb2334703d.jpeg

077B5B47-D4FC-4B24-BBE7-4C114A66A33F.thumb.jpeg.7339c231dedb0cb89c6910ad96e89c78.jpeg

362FD11E-27E8-40E4-A7BE-775F5E331C38.thumb.jpeg.a728ad28bc3a6ffaba5fae49fc46a4c3.jpeg

841F9737-4C43-44BA-A9FB-A4DEF14CF796.thumb.jpeg.7c14aa8149e0792c78c22910f4226a67.jpeg

Disclaimer...!!!  These are Edited Photos 

[Moderator edit; Thank you Mike! As explained below, actual speakers being sold, but with photo editing effects applied to better capture appearance].

Travis my phone has an auto edit feature that helps sometimes with less than ideal photos and I have found it to be pretty trustworthy so I have used it on your posted photos of the Museum Edition Cornwall lV to hopefully give everyone a better idea of how beautiful the African Black Limba wood veneer is...

904F2861-53E9-46D0-815A-986A3FC1D748.thumb.jpeg.1f6739a219b57fa463b9ddac5dfcf488.jpeg

D9AD6934-F103-4F83-88D7-6BE0C1957CD3.thumb.jpeg.bbc108d383b93397a53e98b276a14741.jpeg

miketn

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

If a person wishes to purchase and pick up in Hope, what is the asking price, since the initial price includes shipping?

They should contact me directly at travis@kipschmuseum.org well prior to opening date/time, or they can make that as part of their offer.

The shipping isn't that large of a component it's the insurance (we insure them as a pair which is extremely expensive), and we crate them in 3/4 or 1" ply (rejected by KGI that they donate to the Museum.

28 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Bidding?  I don’t believe this was an auction, unless it was mischaracterized from the beginning…

@jimjimbo

I saw the Cornwalls like a week before shown here on a facebook site and It was referenced what Klipsch might accept as an offer if these were picked up in person in Hope. I would not be surprised if this resulted in three bids well under the asking price.

Roger

On 2/1/2020 at 6:17 PM, dwilawyer said:

FOR SALE: KLIPSCH CORNWALL® IV . . . being offered for sale for $8,474, including shipping inside the continental United States.  . . .

. . . In order to give everyone a fair opportunity to to purchase these speakers early offers will not be accepted or entertained. 

IMO, the original post can be interpreted as soliciting offers in excess of, or below, the asking price.  As I understand it, the offer to sell for $8,474 could be accepted by the first person to email such an acceptance after 9:00 pm Central on Friday 2/28/20.  It also speaks of “offers” from potential buyers.  IMO, offers in excess of the asking price could be characterized as rejections of the sale offer and counteroffers.  As such, the seller could accept the highest timely counteroffer.  None of this would come into play if someone accepted the offer at $8,474 in a timely manner.  If that occurred, the seller should not then have an opportunity to accept a higher counteroffer if the original offer was properly accepted.  If nobody accepted the offer, but several higher counteroffers were received after 9:00pm CST on 2/28/2020, the seller would be able to accept the highest counteroffer, irrespective of the order in which received.

The foregoing sounds like an exam question in a contracts course.  The analysis is my opinion.  I hope someone accepted the $8,474 offer, thus making the above hypothetical analysis moot.

• Like 1