SOLD : Pair of Museum Edition Cornwall IV SOLD

IMO, anyone could have accepted the offer at $8,474 in a timely manner and the matter would be concluded. Failing that, the seller would be free to entertain counteroffers, whether above or below the original asking price.

If my analysis is correct, the first person to accept the offer to sell for $8,474 should own the speakers, even if that acceptance has not yet been tendered.  While an initial date and time to submit an acceptance of the offer was specified, I see no mention of a deadline.

If you want the speakers, send an acceptance at the offered price.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, the original post can be interpreted as soliciting offers in excess of, or below, the asking price.  As I understand it, the offer to sell for $8,474 could be accepted by the first person to email such an acceptance after 9:00 pm Central on Friday 2/28/20.  It also speaks of “offers” from potential buyers.  IMO, offers in excess of the asking price could be characterized as rejections of the sale offer and counteroffers.  As such, the seller could accept the highest timely counteroffer.  None of this would come into play if someone accepted the offer at $8,474 in a timely manner.  If that occurred, the seller should not then have an opportunity to accept a higher counteroffer if the original offer was properly accepted.  If nobody accepted the offer, but several higher counteroffers were received after 9:00pm CST on 2/28/2020, the seller would be able to accept the highest counteroffer, irrespective of the order in which received.

The foregoing sounds like an exam question in a contracts course.  The analysis is my opinion.  I hope someone accepted the $8,474 offer, thus making the above hypothetical analysis moot.

That answer gets a 98.

No one accepted at full price, but close, all have inserted conditions such as shipped, or local pickup, or various other things. The most important aspect is all are serious offers.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

@jimjimbo

I saw the Cornwalls like a week before shown here on a facebook site and It was referenced what Klipsch might accept as an offer if these were picked up in person in Hope. I would not be surprised if this resulted in three bids well under the asking price.

Roger

That is a completely different set of Cornwalls, those are the last pair of Cornwall III's ever made, signed by everyone at plant that had anything to do with the making of Cornwalls.

5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

That is a completely different set of Cornwalls, those are the last pair of Cornwall III's ever made, signed by everyone at plant that had anything to do with the making of Cornwalls.

Travis,

My bad, but I am willing to bet you that I am not the only one to make that mistake Travis....

Roger

• Moderators
13 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Travis-

A status report please.  Did it come down to comparing email time stamps?

I received 3 offers all at about 9:00 with some different conditions and stipulations.  

They all are within a few percent of each other and are all serious respectable offers. No one has accepted the current offer yet, but I expect these will be sold before the end of the weekend. I'm not creating a bidding/auction war among the people who made offers.

• Like 1

I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks to finally announce that I am that little old lady that bought these gorgeous Cornwall IV Museum Editions!  They arrived this morning packaged as if the Hope Diamond was inside (No pun intended).

We got them hooked up and they sound amazing!  I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

I want to personally thank Roy, Travis and Jim.  

Becky

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, MZKITTY said:

I have been waiting for almost 2 weeks to finally announce that I am that little old lady that bought these gorgeous Cornwall IV Museum Editions!  They arrived this morning packaged as if the Hope Diamond was inside (No pun intended).

We got them hooked up and they sound amazing!  I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

I want to personally thank Roy, Travis and Jim.  

Becky

7FBC7441-4E4F-41DC-9D31-967224382059.thumb.jpeg.22e4c499244ab2becdfa0ca4a9f9be98.jpeg

• Like 6

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Congratulations Becky, can't wait to hear your impressions of how they sound when you have them all set up.

We got them fired up and I must say, they sound ok.  Seriously, they sound fantastic!  As you know, I am crazy about Klipsch!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Really glad to hear it. What other Cornwalls do you own and how do these compare?

No comparison!  We have 2 pair of the Cornwall 1 and 1 pair of the Cornwall II. When I heard these at Hope, I knew I had to have the IV’s

Edited by MZKITTY
  • Like 6