Hearing Aid????

DizRotus

Another facet to hearing dysfunction is Eustachian tube blockages. There’s a new treatment for this from J&J called Acclarent Aera. The treatment uses a balloon dilation method to physically dilate the Eustachian tube and can be done in the office setting. Unsure of the cost. Their are no providers in my insurance network certified in the methodology. I’d be 1000% better if I could keep my Eustachian tubes open.

• Like 1

Before I retired last year from General Motors, I had my doctor send me to a ear,nose and throat doctor to see about getting hearing aids while still on GM's insurance. The Doctor had an in house Audiologist, and it cost me $110.00 for an office visit. I was explaining to her how I like music and have a bunch of money invested in stereo equipment, she said, I understand, the Bose stuff out there is wonderful! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

Before I retired last year from General Motors, I had my doctor send me to a ear,nose and throat doctor to see about getting hearing aids while still on GM's insurance. The Doctor had an in house Audiologist, and it cost me $110.00 for an office visit. I was explaining to her how I like music and have a bunch of money invested in stereo equipment, she said, I understand, the Bose stuff out there is wonderful! 

Well you have to admit she was understanding for a "Bosealogist"

JJK

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The pandemic put my curiosity to try Eargo, or any other hearing aids, on hold.  I am still leaning toward risking the $99 to try them for “free.”

Even though I don’t qualify for VA benefits, I welcome civil adult discussion among those who do.