1st timer home theater build

Gary Palmer

I'm trying to put together something for real sound at home. I've been dreaming of this for 20 years. Anyhow, I need some advice on a proper receiver to use for this setup. I'm looking at getting two rp-280f towers/ rp-450c center or rpl-500c( which is better?)/ R-112sw sub/ and 2 rp-500sa atmos. Is this a good combination and what minimum requirements am I looking for in a receiver?

Hello Gary and welcome to the forum. I saw your proposed speaker compliment and I have a question. You've chosen LCR, Sub and 2 Atmos speakers. Should I assume you are not interested in also having 2 side surrounds and 2 rear surrounds, or did I miss something? It would also be helpful to know your room's dimensions (L x W x H in feet). Thanks.

@Gary PalmerI have a Marantz 6011 for my living room setup but my needs are modest with no plans for Atmos.  Something along those lines should provide enough power and options to drive your speakers and future proof you should you add more speakers or upgrade. 

The Marantz 6013 is still available for $900, the newest version 6014 is $1500.  Marantz is known to work well for HT with Klipsch and sounds great with music as well.

Here's a Denon 3500 for $328 shipped, well reviewed despite the Seller's misgivings.  😄

• Haha 1