New Chorus owner, flea market score!!

Gintaras

Hi all! This is my first post and I wasn't sure if this was to the right forum. 

A couple of months ago, I picked up a pair of Heresy I and I felt like I was finally in audio heaven (coming from RF-25'S), and then I came across these awesome Chorus's! Whoa! Now this is what I was wanting! 

They are bone stock, OG owner, and as far as I know the covers have never been removed until now.

I love them! And now I am addicted...

..... Can't insert images.. so here's a link.. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wPdiGMPvrpfju7fR9

Edited by Gintaras
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Gintaras said:

Hello sir, NWI?
I'm from Schererville, bounced back and forth between Chicago and NWI for years and ended up in Louisville..  The market down here is lacking!

Yes, South Bend area.  And you are right, the market here is quite lean.  Some activity in Chicago, but not nearly as much seemingly as Texas and Florida.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gintaras said:

SX-1250!

do NOT let that receiver go. I am a Sansui fan and your SX1250 is one that gets AB against the Sansui I have. Pioneer made a more powerful receiver, but, from what I have read, they didn't make a better sounding one. 

Congrats on your scores.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

do NOT let that receiver go. I am a Sansui fan and your SX1250 is one that gets AB against the Sansui I have. Pioneer made a more powerful receiver, but, from what I have read, they didn't make a better sounding one. 

Congrats on your scores.  

Certainly not! Had one 20 years ago and thought I got rich, selling it for 300!
Picked this one up from a seller in Canada and had it looked over and recapped at Magnetic Tape here in Lou, not that it needed it, but just to keep it serviced and cleaned.

The lights were replaced with LED's but I am going to go back to the old warm lights soon.

• 3 months later...

I ran kp 250's in rear chorus I's mains and academy center channel for a while. Then upgrade the academy to a diy  chorus I center. Academy was nice but the diy center was a better tonal match.  

You have the potentail for a nice 5.1 set up.

• Moderators

Very nice, glad your liking them they look very good. 

Looking at your picture I can see a pattern, at some point you will say do i want something that big ? Not those, I mean when this pattern continues and your a few models later. OK just saying, many have done it including me so I just heard a rumor this is a problem for some. We stopped when we ran into the biggest they had in width not height.