SOLD: QSC PLX1202

Thaddeus Smith

I have a QSC 3402 that has been sitting idle for a while but I do plan to use it for a upcoming sub project.  I paid $700 used back in 2005 and that was a steal.  If I remember correctly Deang really liked this amp, said it sounded very natural.  I used mine for a long time when I didn't want to use my tube amps, not saying it sound like tubes, but a very good amp.

Someone needs to jump on this. Mine hasn't let me down.  Great price!

GLWS

• Thanks 1

Haven't touched the fan. There's some faint scratches here and there on the left handle and light stuff on the top of the case, but no major chips/nicks/gouges etc to indicate that it's been thrown around or dropped. It's lived in a rack for the 3 or 4 years I've had it and the guy pulled this and it's partner out of his rack when I went to pick them up.

@tigerwoodKhorns, posting the pics here for everyone's benefit. I did the best with after-sundown lighting. Hopefully this gives the detail you're wanting, otherwise I'll have to wait until I have daylight in great quantities.

Top, wide. That tape adhesive from the previous owner should be removable.

DSCF6357.jpg

Top, detail shots.

DSCF6356.jpg

DSCF6363.jpg

DSCF6358.jpg

Bottom, wide.

DSCF6359.jpg

Bottom, detail shots.

DSCF6360.jpg

DSCF6361.jpg

DSCF6362.jpg

Front, details shots.

DSCF6365.jpg

DSCF6366.jpg

DSCF6367.jpg

• Like 1

Which route you thinking about going for amplification after you get your digital crossover (maybe its in your build thread, I'll head over there now)?  I just received a Parasound HCA-806 which will allow me to bi amp my L/C/Rs.  I just got it installed in the system last night and will hopefully be finishing setup this evening.  

So, a little trick from mom.  Look at the pics above.  A few marks on the amp.  I spent a little time with some Zippo fluid and check it out now.  I also added some feet because you can scratch that bottom now can you?

To me, these amps are way too noisy for home use.  The fan noise would drive me crazy.  But I have had one of these in my office for over ten years and use it all day long.  I swapped out the noisy fan with a low flow unit.  Shipping is crazy on the fans so I bought three of them, and this happens to me my third QSC so here it is waiting to be installed.  If I remember correctly, install was a little difficult because getting the ducts to line up again was a little struggle.  But worth it. 

image.jpeg.5129911247f723927d49d5f3401901df.jpegimage.jpeg.257ff127b36c0c0eb2364c0656804041.jpeg

Nice man! Thanks for the packing props and glad to see that it'll work for you.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, The Dude said:

Which route you thinking about going for amplification after you get your digital crossover (maybe its in your build thread, I'll head over there now)?  I just received a Parasound HCA-806 which will allow me to bi amp my L/C/Rs.  I just got it installed in the system last night and will hopefully be finishing setup this evening.  

Just saw this. I'll add details to my build thread.

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2020 at 6:59 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

To me, these amps are way too noisy for home use.  The fan noise would drive me crazy.  But I have had one of these in my office for over ten years and use it all day long.  I swapped out the noisy fan with a low flow unit. 

Sorry to dig up and old thread .... I wanted to ask, which low fow fan did you replace it with for the QSC PLX1202 amps?

On 6/1/2021 at 3:41 AM, djd_oz said:

Sorry to dig up and old thread .... I wanted to ask, which low fow fan did you replace it with for the QSC PLX1202 amps?

This is what I have in my server:

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/nmb-technologies-corporation/3110SB-05W-B20-E00/2615564?lang=en&s=N4IgTCBcDaIMwEYEAYDOAjAtMgrAd03TGUwFNlkQBdAXyA&site=us&x=16&y=19

I think that they are cheaper now than 10 years ago.  I bought three  because of shipping.