KT-LCR Questions

dbngaa

i just bought a demo model of the kt-lcr at a local audio shop/authorized klipsch dealer. i could find no info on it here, nor could i find it listed when i went to register it for the warranty. no manual listed either. any info would be appreciated. oh, and i paid a cool 199.99 - cool, if it's a good price. smile.gif

david

The KT=LCR was part of the now discontinued Klipsch THX certified home theater system which consisted of 3 kt-lcrs for the left, center and right channels, two dipole surrounds and either the SW12 II or SW15II subwoofer. The entire system retailed for about $5000. with the kt-lcr's at $500. ea. I have the whole system which I got at a fraction of the cost when a local Klipsch authorized dealer went out of business. I restored the banged up and damaged parts. Klipsch sent me replacement speakers and repaired the blown subs amp for free even paying for shipping both ways! I think the system was slightly overpriced due to the costs connected with THX certification . Also the surrounds had to be hung from the ceiling that, while producing an excellent effect, required the purchase of additional hardware and were heavy and difficult to hang. The system is great for DVDs and I have added RS-3s (comparable speakers)for the rear (6.1) channel and the sound is excellent! If you need more info, please contact me.

Omni ceiling mounts ...the Klipsch KT-DS surrounds have screw holes to match them. I got them when I purchased the surrounds from a local Nobody Beats the Wiz that went out of business. The KT-DS is designed to be mounted out from the wall on both sides of the listener with the dipole speakers facing front and rear. They were designed for THX Dolby prologic and produce an enveloping relatively non-directional surround soundfield.