CANCELED Klipsch Museum Pilgrimage Events (REFUND INFORMATION)

• Moderators

Refund Information for Museum Events, Benefit Concert and Employee Appreciate Luncheon.

Dear Klipsch fans:

As you have probably heard the 2020 Klipsch Pilgrimage has been cancelled.

For refunds for Museum Events, including concert tickets, you have three easy choices:

1. You can request that your fees and charges be converted to a Museum membership;

2. You can request that your fees and charges be donated to the Museum's building fund which is being used to purchase, renovate and restore the Field House strategically located right next door to the Clinton National Historic Site in Downtown Hope, AR; or

3. You can request a full refund which will be processed on the credit card that was used to make the original purchase.

Options 1 and 2 are tax deductable to the fullest extent of the law as the Museum is an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) charitable entity. The unforeseen cancellation of Pilgrimage has put the Museum behind in its fundraising goals and your consideration of a donation would be greatly appreciated.

You can arrange for your refund for Museum Events and concert tickets by contacting me at travis@Klipschmuseum.org or a direct message here on the forum indicating option 1, 2 or 3. I will also be happy any questions you may have not covered by this post. 

For those not frequently this Fourm, an email be sent out to everyone who purchased events or concert tickets.

Refunds for the Friday employee appreciation lunch will be handled by the fans' organizer,  Christy and you can direct message her here for instructions on how to obtain a refund.

Thank you for your loyalty and enthusiasm in celebrating all things Klipsch and the Klipsch Museum of Audio History at the annual Pilgrimage. 

In the meantime, we will continue to work hard to make the 75th anniversary of Klipsch in 2021 the best Pilgrimage of all time and look forward to seeing you all next year.

Be safe and rock on! 

Klipsch and Klipsch Heritage Museum Association,  Inc.

EARLY EVENT REGISTRATION (BEFORE 3/5/20) IS FREE: 

Registration Fee of $25.00 is waived for current members of the Klipsch Museum of Audio History and/or if you paid to register for the Klipsch Pilgrimage, you will be asked to enter a code that will be provided to all members and registrants 

TO REGISTER FOR KLIPSCH MUSEUM EVENTS 

CLICK THIS LINKhttps://klipschmuseum.z2systems.com/event.jsp?event=2&

Thursday, March 19th 

► All events Thursday will be held at the PWK Education Center*

5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Early Check-in for Pilgrimage Attendees

5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Dinner for Pilgrimage Attendees, Klipsch Museum Members, and Klipsch Plant Employees

Menu: Beef and/or Chicken Fajitas with all the trimmings 

Made possible by a generous donation from Klipsch Group, Inc.

7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Socializing and Music

The Museum plans to have one of the finest and rarest audio systems Klipsch ever made on display and playing music into the evening.

Presented by Klipsch Museum of Audio History

Friday, March 20th

5:00 p.m. to 6:30 pm 
Dinner

► Location: Hope City Hall grounds "under the tent" (Hope City Hall)**
Cost: $20
Menu: Brisket and Chicken (half serving of both, or full serving of one) with potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans
Donations accepted

7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Klipsch Museum of Audio History Benefit Concert*

► Location: Historic Klipsch Auditorium located at Hope City Hall
Cost: $20.00 general admission ticket / $30.00 VIP reserved ticket

Texas guitar slinger Ian Moore and his band will be performing his legendary blend of blues-rock tunes. One hundred percent of the proceeds of this event will go to the Museum Building Fund to restore and repair the Feild House (recently purchased by the Museum).

This event is sponsored and funded by Klipsch Group, Inc. who are also supplying a custom speaker system for the event. Sound Design and Engineering by Chief Bonehead.

Ian%20Moore%20concert-poster%20thumbnail

9:30 p.m. to Midnight
Let’s Hear Your Rig: Socializing and Music

► Location: PWK Education Center (Hope Airport)

Bring your own gear to the Education Center for listening. The Museum plans to have the new Klipschorn (AK6), La Scala (AL5), Cornwall IV and Heresy IV set up and playing but if you want to hear them on your rig, bring it down. There might even be a surprise or two for you to listen to.

Saturday, March 21st

9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
New Klipsch Heritage Speaker Listening

You may have heard that Klipsch has updated the Klipschorn® (AK6), La Scala® (AL5), Cornwall® (IV) and the Heresy® (IV). Here is your chance to listen to these phenomenal speakers (and maybe Jubilees) for hours on end. Bring your own vinyl, or listen to ours. Horn-loaded bass snob? Go to the PWK Auditorium. Want to see how low the new Heresy IV and Cornwall IV go? Head to the Education Center. 

11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc. Annual Meeting and Election

Open to everyone to attend, voting limited to current paid members

Click here for membership information

11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Lunch

► Location: PWK Education Center
Cost: $15
Menu: Catfish OR Bacon Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast.

2:00 pm. to 5:00 p.m.
Chief Bonehead Education Class (Lite)
► 

Couldn’t make the first Chief Bonehead Education Class last October? We’re not going to lie, there is no way to get all of that in a three-hour presentation, but Klipsch Museum Trustee and Education Chairman Roy Delgado, Jr. is planning to discuss some of the highlights of his “Deep Dive" Class. He will discuss the current Klipsch lineup, what he is cooking up for his next class, and he might even answer a question or two without answering it with a question. Note: No video or audio recording will be allowed during this event

6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
No Host Cocktails and Dinner
► 
Location: Dos Logo Gringos (located in Walmart Shopping Center near the Best Western and Super 😎
Cost: $20
Menu: Cash bar and choice of Country Fried Steak; Pork Chop; Quesadilla Bowl or Pollo Rancheros

9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
Spin Sessions

Hosted by Mark Casavant and Matt Sommers
► Location: Klipsch Auditorium (Hope City Hall)**

You are the DJ! Bring your favorite music, sign up for a 20-minute block and demo your playlist on a wide selection of Klipsch Heritage loudspeakers. These long-form listening sessions are set up to accommodate vinyl, CD and digital formats. Prizes will be awarded for best and most unique compilations, so bring your best tracks! Not into spinning, but love listening to music? Swing by, sit back and enjoy a refreshment while listening to great music through amazing speakers – with songs hand-picked by your fellow audio enthusiasts! When you register you will see an option to register for this free event. We will contact you to select the time for your twenty-minute slot.

Presented by Klipsch Group, Inc.

TO REGISTER FOR KLIPSCH MUSEUM EVENTS 

CLICK THIS LINKhttps://klipschmuseum.z2systems.com/event.jsp?event=2&

Event Location Details 

*PWK Education Center (Hope Municipal Airport)

The PWK Education Center is located on the grounds of the Hope Municipal Airport (see overview map below).

Address: Airport Rd, Hope, AR

PWK Education Center at Hope Airport

Google Maps Shot

**Klipsch Auditorium

The Klipsch Auditorium is a 400-seat capacity theater on the top floor of Hope City Hall. This facility was updated 1995 with the larger City Hall renovation but remains similar to how it looked when it was built in 1926. In 2019 the Klipsch Museum of Audio History arranged with the City of Hope to lease the Auditorium to provide a wide range of events highlighting the history of Paul W. Klipsch and his company, Klipsch & Associates.

Address: Hope City Hall 206 W. Ave A, Hope, AR 71801

Hope City Hall

Klipsch®, Klipschorn®, La Scala®, Cornwall®, Heresy® and Klipsch Pilgrimage© have registered trademarks and/or copyrights of Klipsch Group, Inc. and are used with their permission. All rights reserved.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Taterworks said:

Hi,

Is this a complete list of events? Are there any events on Friday between the Thursday early check-in, dinner, and socializing, and the Friday evening dinner and concert?

Thanks,

Rory

The Friday morning event is the tours of the plant and employee apreciation lunch which is run seperately by the fans and coordinated by Christy @dtel's wife. You go to this link to register for that event.

This post is respectfully directed to all Klipsch Forum members, Klipsch Group and to the KMAH Members:

As many of many of you may be aware, my wife, Verna and I have been constant supporters of the Klipsch forum, pilgrimages and now the museum for some 18 years. And as of last year,  we're proud to say that our son Bill is now a member of the forum (pickys son) and a pilgrimage attendee as well. We three had planned to attend this year's pilgrimage in Hope next month. However, for the past year, my wonderful bride has endured all of the horrors associated with going through breast cancer, chemotherapy and radiation therapy. I am thrilled to say she came through it all quite well. It was initially our belief that by this March, she would most likely be back on track physically. Unfortunately, such is not the case: Daily fatigue can sometimes overwhelm her days: Even though she might have gotten eight hours of sleep the night prior, by one or two o'clock in the afternoon, it's become commonplace for her to lay down in bed and sleep soundly for 3 to 4 hours, only for her again to need to retire early in the evenings. Therefore, yesterday morning, she and I discussed with seriousness, the notion of our attending this year's 2020 Klipsch Pilgrimage in Hope. We live in Michigan. Sadly, it is our belief that with the 14 hour-drive down and back, the exciting, activity-laden, early starting/late ending days that typically each pilgrimage in the past has brought to our experience, are something that Verna is simply not ready to negotiate just yet. We have both come to the realization that it could take up to a year for Verna's lifestyle to normalize. Because of this, it is with heavy hearts that we, together with our son, must announce that we have regrettably chosen to bow out of this year's pilgrimage. We shall miss seeing all of you and are sorry we will miss all of the events as well as the many trips out to Rodney's Farm. We do, however, hope to attend next year's 75 Year Anniversary Celebration, wherever it takes place! May God bless you all!

Kindest regards, Glenn, Verna and Bill

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

On 2/13/2020 at 3:07 AM, dwilawyer said:

The Friday morning event is the tours of the plant and employee apreciation lunch which is run seperately by the fans and coordinated by Christy @dtel's wife. You go to this link to register for that event.

I found the schedule for those events in a different thread that I didn't notice before (the itinerary). Thank you.

I have just discovered this event, what a great idea. I was a Klipsch dealer in the 70's, knew Paul personally. Some old friends and I are planning to come. I have a Lance camper on an F250. I also will have a dog with me. Is there camping onsite? Perhaps at the airport?

I do not need hookups.

Sam Fry

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Sam Fry said:

I have just discovered this event, what a great idea. I was a Klipsch dealer in the 70's, knew Paul personally. Some old friends and I are planning to come. I have a Lance camper on an F250. I also will have a dog with me. Is there camping onsite? Perhaps at the airport?

I do not need hookups.

Sam Fry

Hey Sam, the Super 8 is pet friendly. In addition, I believe there are RV spots at Newton Ranch if you wish to stay out there (Christy can get you more information on that) or if you want a spot in town (no hookups) let me know and I can get you set up.

Travis 

• Moderators
On 2/16/2020 at 9:49 AM, Sam Fry said:

Searching the internet, I don't come up with anything for Newton Ranch? I don't really need hookups, and since part of the event is at the airport, I thought there may be parking there?  (I am a licensed pilot, if that helps).

I sent you an private message on here it .will be in the upper right corner of your screen. Or you can use mgt direct email for the museum: travis@klipschmuseum.org andnwe can getnyounset up.

Travis

Hi, new question.

I've submitted payment to the Klipsch Pilgrimage PayPal account, and in the comment I gave my name so my registration could be recorded. I read that I should expect to receive an acknowledgement and a discount code for something, but I haven't received any email from the gmail account associated with the pilgrimage at the gmail account I use for my PayPal account, apart from PayPal's own confirmation. Will I receive a confirmation email from the event, and should I expect that sooner or might it come later as part of a bulk emailing?

• Moderators
On 2/22/2020 at 7:31 PM, Taterworks said:

Hi, new question.

I've submitted payment to the Klipsch Pilgrimage PayPal account, and in the comment I gave my name so my registration could be recorded. I read that I should expect to receive an acknowledgement and a discount code for something, but I haven't received any email from the gmail account associated with the pilgrimage at the gmail account I use for my PayPal account, apart from PayPal's own confirmation. Will I receive a confirmation email from the event, and should I expect that sooner or might it come later as part of a bulk emailing?

Great questions.  @dtel's wife Christy can answer your questions about registration process for the Fan Events, and what confirmation you will receive. She can also advise you on how she is forwarding the discount code for free registration.

You can contact me directly at travis@klipschmuseum.org and I can walk you through the registration process.

Travis

• 2 weeks later...

I won't be able to attend but want to send in some money to go towards where ever things appear to be short.  (I'll leave it to the committee to decide where it's best spent) :)

What email address do I send the PayPal funds to?

Thanks

JJ

Unfortunately I will have to miss this year but I definitely wanted to support such a great event and to say a special thanks to all the volunteers who work so hard to make this happen every year..!!!  

Paypal funds sent and please use for the pilgrimage and museum as needed.

miketn  :smile:

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
23 hours ago, mikebse2a3 said:

Unfortunately I will have to miss this year but I definitely wanted to support such a great event and to say a special thanks to all the volunteers who work so hard to make this happen every year..!!!  

Paypal funds sent and please use for the pilgrimage and museum as needed.

miketn  :smile:

Thanks Miketn!!

• Like 1

• Chad unfeatured and locked this topic
  • Chad unpinned this topic