The Klipsch Audio Community
7heavenlyplaces

Sirius XM renewal on new vehicle @ 1 year...

So which offer--and at what point in time--is the best value to commit to renewing Sirius XM in the vehicle?

Do so at their first offer B4 expiration of the current complimentary subscription, or

Wait until Serious XM offers last-ditch offers to salvage the subscription, or

???

Which may offer the best value?

Call and cancel after 11.5 months.  You'll get their best rate which is about $60/yr.  If you do nothing you'll be billed at their outrageous normal rate and spend 30 min on the phone talking to people that barely speak English trying to get the charges reversed.  They won't offer you anything prior to the 12 month trial as they're hoping that they can get you for their regular elevated rate.  I've been down this path many times.

• Like 2

^^^^^
This. Like Carl I been there many times. They bend over backwards to retain users. I actually mark my calendar when renewal is due, call them to cancel. Then the offers begin. Last offer I had three vehicles for $13/month. Consider it a high tech shell game - where or where  is the lowest offer?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richieb said:

^^^^^
This. Like Carl I been there many times. They bend over backwards to retain users. I actually mark my calendar when renewal is due, call them to cancel. Then the offers begin. Last offer I had three vehicles for $13/month. Consider it a high tech shell game - where or where  is the lowest offer?

Same here, cancel then they offer me 6 months @ $30. I have yet to pay more than $6 or 7 a month ever, taxes included. They rely upon folks auto renewing at the full monthly rate. Its a game to me :)

I have it in the vehicle but do not subscribe. If I accidentally hit the station they will bombard me with offers until the sun don't shine. Sometimes they will activate the station without me doing anything and I have to switch back to FM. More offers again.

JJK

Yep yep yep...I said "cancel" and they said "$6.60 per month for 12 months---best offer we've got".  it prob won't get MUCH better, eh?

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 10:58 PM, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Yep yep yep...I said "cancel" and they said "$6.60 per month for 12 months---best offer we've got".  it prob won't get MUCH better, eh?

Just got an e-mail offer from them.  $5/month for a year plus an Echo Dot.

But...but...don't you have to listen to what THEY want to play and not what YOU want to choose?  ;)

Yes

5 hours ago, avguytx said:

But...but...don't you have to listen to what THEY want to play and not what YOU want to choose?  ;)

Yes that is a fact...however it is light years above any AM or FM station in these parts-light years, and; it beats CD's and the like (hard media), and; they do pretty-to-quite well because of the oh, say, 375 chnnels I can find 5 which I like so it is better-than-not for these reasons. OH! and they have access to, and play, multiple selections of which I really do like which I would/could never figure out so they introduce.

Some years ago, maybe 2010, on lunch break Sirius called me and said they had limited time, lifetime subscription for the cost of 2 year subscription. I hummed and hawed and finally said yes. Have had free Sirius for 8 years, I like that! 

10 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

They just sent me another "last call" offer of $5 per month for 1 year so here we go!

That's as cheap as they'll get.

The 2020 Jeep Cherokee I got on December 31st came with a year of SiriusXM free, plus free on my phone and any other devices.  Pretty awesome!

The only not awesome thing is they're already emailing me once or twice a day with offers.  I'm like "why would I sign up for anything right now when it's free for the next 11 months??"

22 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

The 2020 Jeep Cherokee I got on December 31st came with a year of SiriusXM free, plus free on my phone and any other devices.  Pretty awesome!

The only not awesome thing is they're already emailing me once or twice a day with offers.  I'm like "why would I sign up for anything right now when it's free for the next 11 months??"

You need to mark your calendar for 11 months and 3 weeks from when your trial started so you can call and cancel.  Otherwise you'll receive a bill in the mail for a year at their retail rate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You need to mark your calendar for 11 months and 3 weeks from when your trial started so you can call and cancel.  Otherwise you'll receive a bill in the mail for a year at their retail rate.

They can send all the bills they want.  They'll never get a dime from me. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

They can send all the bills they want.  They'll never get a dime from me. 

Somewhere in the fine print when you bought the vehicle and agreed to the free trial was the automatic renewal clause.  You don't have to pay but they can probably go to collections.