Single Tuba HT or 2 x Table Tube?

Ray_pierrewit

3 hours ago, jason str said:

The standard recommended 10 is all you need, that other driver needs a gasket to mount and will only net you a negligible advantage in output in this design.

Used dozens of that 10 & 12" Dayton classic in other designs with zero problems.

Thanks for the replies, are you referring to the DCS255-4 drivers for a 10" in a Table tuba?

33 minutes ago, jason str said:

Yes.

Wow, I can't believe how cheap that driver is, even in Canada. Looks like Solen sells them for just over $100CDN. Wow, much cheaper than I anticipated.

How many sheets of 1/2" BB do I need for a Table Tuba Long? I'm just trying to figure out a budget before purchasing the plans.

36 minutes ago, Ray_pierrewit said:

Wow, I can't believe how cheap that driver is, even in Canada. Looks like Solen sells them for just over $100CDN. Wow, much cheaper than I anticipated.

How many sheets of 1/2" BB do I need for a Table Tuba Long? I'm just trying to figure out a budget before purchasing the plans.

You can use Arauco Radiata pine 1/2" as well if you like to save a bit.

The amount of plywood you will need depends on cabinet width you intend to build.

So I just purchased the plans for the Table Tube Long Style.

The availability and price of the recommended driver as well as the size are what made me go with the TTL. Also the fact that I don't crave wall shaking bass, at least not yet. Like I mentioned, I want to add to the LF foundation of the LaScalas. I also want to do away with the bass bin mod currently installed. I'm not dissatisfied with the added bass of the mod, I just can't stand looking at them! I find they really cheapen the look of the originals.

Well I'll be studying the plans for a while before building and will be sure to keep this thread alive when I start.

Thanks for everyone's input.

Daniel

• Like 1