Mounting (Torx?) Screws for KG 5.2 woofer

jessetrbo

Greetings:

I'm new to the forum, and despite a couple of attempts to search for the results, I can't find an answer to this question:  What size/type of screws are used to mount the woofers and other drivers in KG 5.2 speakers? 

I also called Klipsch, but they did not have specific information on file.  I need to acquire at least two of these screws, so I appreciate any constructive advice on this matter.

Thanks,

--Jesse Trbovich

Edited by jessetrbo

10 hours ago, jessetrbo said:

all if the screws seem to require a T10 tip; sadly no phillip heads in sight.

Can you take a picture of the screws?

My general advice is to match the size, twist, coarseness and length to some new screws, then pick whatever style (Phillips, torx, star, etc) you want.

I've done DIY speaker enclosures and used torx head screws.  I like them because they are much more non-slip than Phillips head.  I've never had one slip and take out the woofer cone.

Thanks for all the advice.  I think that I will just go to the Lowes/HD and find a complete set of screws; I guess that there's not a real need to keep the speakers original.   Thanks for the recommendations... I'll be posting more (in a new thread) as I trouble-shoot an "issue" with one of the woofers.

--Jesse