Plumbing help

rplace

I have a stainless steel braided hose that looks like this:

ECMHose.JPG.e0d80be8bc781186c2c09b321641bf37.JPG

The description of the hose says this:

a metal 1/8 3/8 BSPP hose

I need to connect the bigger end, I assume that is the 3/8 BSPP part of the description above to my Revers Osmosis line which I believe is 1/4 standard RO tubing. If I buy a Tee for the 1/4 RO line can I use this fitting to connect one end of the RO line to the above stainless 3/8 fitting?

s-l500.jpg

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Brittish Standard won't seal to NPT.  What is that hose from?

Is that was BSPP means?

The stainless hose small end goes to my new Espresso Machine so I don't have to keep filling the water reservoir. The bigger end 3/8 goes to water supply.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Take a look at the link above.

I did, I now understand what BSPP is. Europe vs US (NPT) thanks! Can you find me a 3/8 BSPP to 1/4 Reverse Osmosis type of quick connect? I'm not very plumbing literate?

1 minute ago, rplace said:

I did, I now understand what BSPP is. Europe vs US (NPT) thanks! Can you find me a 3/8 BSPP to 1/4 Reverse Osmosis type of quick connect? I'm not very plumbing literate?

Let me do some digging.  I was a plumber in a former life.

OK, let's start from scratch.  You're trying to go from a RO water supply to your espresso machine correct?

Yes

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Do you have a link to your espresso machine spec sheet?

Yes it is in the quote of first post.

Expresso Machine link = https://www.wholelattelove.com/collections/dual-boiler-espresso-machine/products/ecm-technika-v-profi-pid

Last paragraph =

The ECM Technika V Profi PID comes with an angled single spout portafilter, an angled double spout portafilter, a single shot commercial basket, a double shot commercial basket, a blind filter basket, a tamper, a metal 1/8 3/8 BSPP hose, a cleaning brush, and an instruction manual.

• Like 1

So we need something that is female 1/8 BSPP that will go to your plastic RO piping.  Ok

The 1/8 is what is on the actual Espresso Machine....smaller end of steel braided hose they provided. I'd guess I can skip that all together, the steel hose that is.

what I really need if you are building my a material list is.....

Current set up is RO filter has a Tee that goes to RO faucet and my Fridg's ice maker. It is at the fridge I want to install a 1/4 RO Tee and have that tee go to:

Shut off valve>>Pressure Regulator>>Espresso Machine

I've seen this used on other machines.

Watts Lead-Free Brass 560 Water Pressure Regulator w/Gauge

https://www.google.com/search?q=Watts+560G&sxsrf=ACYBGNQ7eAPHpDc16T-IFxlm6MNTYrQCww:1580938695067&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwib5dLKr7vnAhVtlXIEHfunAD4Q_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1473&bih=983#imgrc=RkQSj3FCQIFkCM

Pretty sure that in/out is 1/4 American (NPT) Threads as will Shut Off Valve I'm guessing.

5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

This will get you to our hemisphere.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PK-1-4-QC-Fittings-Ball-Valve-Y-L-I-T-for-RO-Systems-15-Ft-Tubing/164062738411

will get me everything I need to make my Fridge's RO line have a Tee and Shut Off. So I just need to go from RO's Tee and 1/4" plastic line out to  your ebay fitting.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The RO T's and fittings are best purchased from the company you got your machine from

RO machine or Espresso machine?

If RO isn't it all the same? That ebay link seems to have lots of connections and any extra tubing I'd need.

If Expresso, why?