new Klipsch showroom

On 2/8/2020 at 11:28 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I thought it was obvious but maybe not.  That's my daughter, she was headed to the winter formal dance.  More of a proud papa moment than having a paid model.  Probably shouldn't have included it.  

Totally appropriate, and you’re right to be a proud papa.  A month or two ago, my oldest nephew went to his winter formal dance, and seeing the picture of him and his girlfriend, along with his best friend and best friend’s girlfriend, all dressed up for the evening, really took me back to my long-ago teens.

Best of luck in your new shop.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Marvel said:

Nice Yairi, she has there.

I'm impressed that you recognized it.  It was beat up, stripped, and neglected, stored under a pile of stuff on the top shelf of an old music store in Nashville.  A friend of mine owned a custom guitar shop and happened to run across it, he bought it and restored it.  

On 2/5/2020 at 4:53 PM, Paducah Home Theater said:

Strange thing is that after I was done moving, I realized that this probably has more current Klipsch related stuff in it than anywhere else, plus my warehouse with nearly 7 digits worth of stuff is nearby, I could literally have most anything you want set up within a couple hours.  If somebody has more current items on hand and on display I'd like to know who but that would be a little hard.  

Current speaker list:

Jubilees with walnut beauty panels and Xilica DSP

Klipschorn AK6 in walnut

La Scala AL5 in walnut

Cornwall IV, cherry

Heresy IV, black

Forte III, distressed oak

HP3 headphones

Theater room with:

RF-7III, black
RC-64III, back
RP-502S side
RP-500M rear

random setups in cubby holes including 
custom KI-396-SMA-II
pro cinema surrounds

various bookshelves

every Reference Premier tower and bookshelf

almost have every residential standalone subwoofer, need to add the little 8" one and the C series

Enjoy, feel free to stop by sometime.

Awesome showroom, and jubes and pro speakers set up for listening.  Impressive. 

Steve Guttenberg's Audiophiliac Youtube page is getting a lot of traction and he loves Klipsch.  He mentioned that he wants to hear the Jubes.  Get him out there and have him do a series of videos like he did with Nelson Pass or Sound by Singer.  I would think that someone at Klipsch would pay for this because of the huge advertising exposure for about $1K, but I know how it goes.  Youyr exposure would also be big.    I'd just love to see the series of videos. 

If you can't get him out there, try to do a series of remote videos.  He should be very receptive as he needs content too. 

• Like 5

Very impressive! If @codewritinfool decides to take a road trip, I may tag along. (hope you dont mind another tire kicker) To finally hear Jubes and the 396's would be awesome. 

What are your plans for (&/or do you have room for) more home theatre area. I see a surround sound set up but no screen. 

I personally don't care but most of the "audio" showrooms I have seen, are very heavy into HT which I guess is where the $$ is. You even have it in your name, so you know what people are looking for. (& googling)

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 12:25 PM, MookieStl said:

What are your plans for (&/or do you have room for) more home theatre area. I see a surround sound set up but no screen. 

I personally don't care but most of the "audio" showrooms I have seen, are very heavy into HT which I guess is where the $$ is. You even have it in your name, so you know what people are looking for. (& googling)

I recently got in a Sony 75" tv for use in that room.  I still have my theater room for projector demos, I just didn't feel the need to duplicate.  To be honest the core of my business has shifted more towards 2-channel.  If somebody wanted a proper theater room demo it's only 5 miles down the road, I just don't have enough local customers to justify having two halfway hardcore theater rooms with a projector.  

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 10:02 AM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Steve Guttenberg's Audiophiliac Youtube page is getting a lot of traction and he loves Klipsch.  He mentioned that he wants to hear the Jubes.  Get him out there and have him do a series of videos like he did with Nelson Pass or Sound by Singer.  I would think that someone at Klipsch would pay for this because of the huge advertising exposure for about $1K, but I know how it goes.  Youyr exposure would also be big.    I'd just love to see the series of videos. 

If you can't get him out there, try to do a series of remote videos.  He should be very receptive as he needs content too. 

I forgot to add, remind Guttenberg of the rabid fans here and that all of us will watch the videos (he needs to do a series, I'd love to see a bunch of them).

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I view Steve's 'daily' show each evening...  I have PUBLICLY invited him to my home here in MA. THREE TIMES now to hear my 1968 Klipschorns with all Dynaco gear from the mid 60ies...  He NEVER answered.   His trip from NYC would be VERY easy via train into Springfield.  I offered to pick him up at the station and then return him after his listening visit.  Again, silence....   I have given up.  Funny thing is, until just this last month, he had NEVER heard Klipschorns in his life !  I offered for him to hear my system during the past year.  Not sure what the problem was.   He seems to keep his travels with city limits, but yet will venture out to some of the audio shows!   Best of luck with contacting him....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tigerman said:

I view Steve's 'daily' show each evening...  I have PUBLICLY invited him to my home here in MA. THREE TIMES now to hear my 1968 Klipschorns with all Dynaco gear from the mid 60ies...  He NEVER answered.   His trip from NYC would be VERY easy via train into Springfield.  I offered to pick him up at the station and then return him after his listening visit.  Again, silence....   I have given up.  Funny thing is, until just this last month, he had NEVER heard Klipschorns in his life !  I offered for him to hear my system during the past year.  Not sure what the problem was.   He seems to keep his travels with city limits, but yet will venture out to some of the audio shows!   Best of luck with contacting him....

Well yea, but you are just some guy on the internet who, in Steve's estimation, probably has a dungeon in your basement.  He visits people in NYC that he knows all the time. 

This is a legitimate showroom owned by an authorized dealer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I guess I never drank the Steve G. Kool-Aid.  Just not very familiar with him, not really a follower.  Klipsch was happy that he did a review recently so I watched it... was surprised to hear him act like horn speakers in general were always non-fatiguing as if it were an inherent trait.  I've heard some that could make your ears bleed so yeah just kind of surprised.  

• 6 months later...