WTB> Academy grill with badge or bad box, good parts.

crunchman12001

Edit... I purchased an Academy, it was damaged during shipping. It was missing a grill badge but the grill and fabric also were damaged from shipping. Does anyone have an Academy that has a messed up box but a good grill? Do you want to part it out or sell it whole?

Thank you

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a badge for an Academy, KG or similar? 

If you have one, let me know. I can do cash or trade.  

Here is a link to the badge I am looking for.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS724US724&q=Klipsch+Academy+badge&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwikyqLIor7nAhVXaM0KHc1sAh4QsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1242&bih=575#imgrc=5ug_lzl1Ld7M1M

Thanks for looking.

crunchman

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lakedmb said:

Thanks for the heads up lakedmb.

I spoke with this seller and showed him what an OEM Academy badge looked like. He made/named these for the Academy but they are not the same. 

I tried to post the pic from my original link above but the file was too large.

Thanks again.

The badges he made sure do look nice and like the originals.  How big are the differences and why does it matter?   This was an issue with muscle cars in the 1980 and 90s but nobody seems to care anymore.

There are a lot of nice badges on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xklipsch+badge.TRS0&_nkw=klipsch+badge&_sacat=14969

7 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

The badges he made sure do look nice and like the originals.  How big are the differences and why does it matter?   This was an issue with muscle cars in the 1980 and 90s but nobody seems to care anymore.

There are a lot of nice badges on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xklipsch+badge.TRS0&_nkw=klipsch+badge&_sacat=14969

I buy speakers that usually need refurbished. I refurbish the speakers back to OEM color and spec which includes stripping the wrong color off and refinishing back to the tag color. I also try to put the correct badge on them. This is what an OEM Academy badge looks like compared to the Ebay ones. So yes, they are different.

klipshBadge.png

Ebay Academy badge.

See how the registered trademark on the Ebay badge is smeared on the PWK logo and not next to the "h" on Klipsch? To most it would not matter but to me it does.

The "K" of Klipsch is also lower case and not capitalized. The "V" on the PWK logo is open on the left side and not solid like OEM. The OEM has the "laser" look, Ebay does not.

Some of the OEM badges had badge pins on the back so that the badge could be moved for a vertical presentation.

Many differences.

klipsch2.jpg